Raptor flipupstartsm, mows, quits then starts right up

lcranney

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Raptor flipupstartsm, mows, quits then starts right up
My five year old raptor flipup 54, mows along fine for five or more (varies) minutes then QUITS, park the handles, disengage pto and it starts right up, seat switch is disconnected and “hot” (trying to toubleshoot), both lever switches have been rplaced (i have them both adjusted all the way inboard(???). Drivingme nuts! Thanks! Further (after more ops chekin) for a while (kept getting less and less mowin time after each restart) it would operate then quit again. Getting worse so some other symptoms… for awhile when it would quit i could slap the pto in an it would falter then run. Then, i had to park levers AND slap the pto. last run after ot quit it wouldnt turn over, so i jumped up n down, wiggled everything and it started. But now quits as soon as i bring in the levers. Imhave changd both lever switches, the solenoid (diff problem, i think) and the ignition/key module. Mb i screwed sumthin up?

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
try loosening the fuel cap
Sounds like a fuel starvation problem
Would help if we got the make model & serial number of the engine

lcranney

Forum Newbie
Threads
try loosening the fuel cap
Sounds like a fuel starvation problem
Would help if we got the make model & serial number of the engine
Sorry, its a hustler raptor flipup 54, 933853 mod num, 16057849 ser num. Shunted seat switch, key module and solenoid replaced. Ill try the gas cap. Filter LOOKS ok. But is now suspect. Other ideas? And thanks loads. By the way, in “flight chekin” the thing; sometimes, if I slap the pto down, it will continue to run, sometimes no, sometimes levers to park AND pto off will run, sometimes not. Drivin me insane.

lcranney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, its a hustler raptor flipup 54, 933853 mod num, 16057849 ser num. Shunted seat switch, key module and solenoid replaced. Ill try the gas cap. Filter LOOKS ok. But is now suspect. Other ideas? And thanks loads. By the way, in “flight chekin” the thing; sometimes, if I slap the pto down, it will continue to run, sometimes no, sometimes levers to park AND pto off will run, sometimes not. Drivin me insane.
So Just changed fuel filter and tried with gas cap off and on. No real change, ran fine for about 10 min then faltered a few times then quit. Levers in park. Wont crank. BUT, while holding the key in start i can bring the left lever in a bit and it will lite the crank but only for a sec. Then wont repeat, tho it has behaved like this before I changd the switsches. Part crank then wont. I had changed the lever safety switches so will re inspect those guys. Fo the hundredth time.

lcranney

Forum Newbie
Threads
So Just changed fuel filter and tried with gas cap off and on. No real change, ran fine for about 10 min then faltered a few times then quit. Levers in park. Wont crank. BUT, while holding the key in start i can bring the left lever in a bit and it will lite the crank but only for a sec. Then wont repeat, tho it has behaved like this before I changd the switsches. Part crank then wont. I had changed the lever safety switches so will re inspect those guys. Fo the hundredth time.

lcranney

Forum Newbie
Threads
im beginning to think it has to be electrical….. i hate spark chasin. But im onnit

lcranney

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anybody tell me how to “unplug” the lock lever switch on my hustler raptor 54? Cant get it to release, wut im missin?