Raptor 42" belt length

Cocoloco

Threads
Gents my 2014 42" hustler raptor which I have abused for 9 years,,,, deck belt is rubbing on the idler arm when the selector lever is at the highest cut setting with the PTO is selected. The idler spring is in good condition.
It is not touching when the height lever is moved down to shorter cut.
It is a new belt and the correct length for the 42" deck, the belt is routed correctly.
And the belt is slapping after it goes rear wards to the drive pulley, Im thinking the maybe the pivot spacer bushing and bolt on the idler arm might be worn??
A few months ago the leveler cam fell off the deck I never did find it so I jury rigged a bolt washers and a nut to keep the deck level with the fixed point on the rear right side of the deck.
Has this moved the deck fwd or aft enough to effect the length of the deck belt to touch the idler arm?
Any suggestions will be helpful.
Photos to follow if I can figure out how to attach them.
All the pulleys are new and the right dia.

Last edited:

Cocoloco

Threads
mower model number 931714, belt number 793828 length 116" the new belt is the same length as the old belt, the old belt did not rub against the frond edge of the idler arm item # 6 in the IPC, thanks for the info.

Cocoloco

Threads
Yes Sir that it what I thought. Thanks for the reply.

Cocoloco

Threads
new idler arm and hardware it did not work, the belt is still rubbing against the front of the idler arm with the deck fully raised! Now is it suppose to rub the idler ?? I have never looked at the belt clearance with the deck fully up!!IMG_0434.jpegIMG_0434.jpeg

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it rubbing with the deck set to desired cutting height?
I had a Toro that the belt would sometimes jump off, when engaging the PTO with the deck in the highest position.
Lower your deck to the desired cutting height and look for any rubbing.
I never engage my PTO until I have lowered the deck to the desired cutting height.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You try a washer under the idler pulley to raise it a little. It might the standoff bushing is a little short.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Is the arm flat in the region where the belt rubs or turned up at 90 deg to the arm ?
If it is turned up then it is the belt keeper so either the belt is routed wrong or the pulley is wrong .
If the arm is flat then as Star suggests the stand off is wrong or the pulley is wrong
A photo would make what you are trying to explain a lot clearer .

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post complete Model & Serial #'s for your Raptor? Are pulleys that you replaced OEM Hustler Parts?

Last edited: