R8237 model help.

Hemidude

Threads
Hello Everyone,
So glad I found this forum!! I have been a Lawnboy owner and fan since my first one in the early 70's. I would like to rebuild and restore my ole Lawnboy. I would like to find a quality short block, another carb cause I think my current one is shot, and I need other misc deck parts.. Any suggestions for parts suppliers would be appreciated.
THX... AL

Grassbandit

Threads
I've found everything i needed for my lawn boy scamp off ebay.

Hemidude

Threads
I have seen quite a few parts on there. I didn't know that they didn't still make new short blocks for mine. They were plentiful back in the day. I guess I will do more research and parts hunting......:thumbsup:

d_sharier

Threads
Is there a reason you are looking to replace those parts? (short block and carb) Before replacing either, I would consider overhauling. The parts viewer lists the SB as 681743 which I think was super ceded to 92-6355. You may have a difficult time finding a new old stock replacement. As long as the cylinder is not grossly damaged an overhaul should get you at least another 40 years of run time. Lawn-Boy lists the "normal" compression range to be between 100-115 psi. (cold) referring to 80 psi as "low". I almost always find that a new piston and set of rings do the trick. I usually run a hone down the bore, very lightly, just clean it up. New piston and rings, new rod if necessary. That should take care of the top end. If you have the manual overhauling it shouldn't be too difficult. My list usually looks something like: piston kit (piston, rings, wrist pin, cir-clips) connecting rod, full gasket set, top side oil seal and bearing, bottom side oil seal and bearing.... and any other parts I deem to be defective. When everything is stripped down, you can have the cylinder, reed plate, magneto plate, and crankcase media blasted and they will look brand new. Overhauling one of these can be a lot of fun. There is a lot of information on this site and help if needed.

Good Luck!!! If you have any questions, just ask!!!