Question about tranny? On my New YTH24K-48 fast mower.

TnHusky

Threads
  • / Question about tranny? On my New YTH24K-48 fast mower.
I just purchased the YTH24K-48 fast tractor from Lowes. I know it's a box cutter store but I couldn't get this tractor from a local dealer. Anywho, they said that this tranny was beefed up somewhat with a better pump etc, is this true or have they just used smoke & mirrows as a gimmick for me to buy?
I mean I still got time to take it back if I need to, I've not mowed with it of course as of yet but pulled a roller a little yesterday in the yard until I got to thinking that the weight of the roller filled with water might not be such a good idea to break in the tranny right of the bat so I pulled it with ole faithful yesterday (2001 White).
The Husky seems great and I like the way it's built comparred to the other mowers I looked at but just wanted some advice on this as well, thanks.
By the way I also purchased the 4 yr warranty that covers everything 100% for $270 - 5%. Good insurance I thought.

TnHusky

Threads
I may have answered my own question. I went to the tuff tq web site and I have the K57R tranny which is beefed up somewhat version of the K46. So I may be all right, time will tell. Problem is, or at least with me. I tend to listen to some of the bashers out there on some of the forums that have nothing good to say about anything other than there brand of mowers. I also no better than that but sometimes I get caught up in the hoop la as others. I feel I made a good choice based on my budget and size of mower I wanted to replace what I had and feel confident that this will be a great mower for years to come.

Straydog

Threads
I may have answered my own question. I went to the tuff tq web site and I have the K57R tranny which is beefed up somewhat version of the K46. So I may be all right, time will tell. Problem is, or at least with me. I tend to listen to some of the bashers out there on some of the forums that have nothing good to say about anything other than there brand of mowers. I also no better than that but sometimes I get caught up in the hoop la as others. I feel I made a good choice based on my budget and size of mower I wanted to replace what I had and feel confident that this will be a great mower for years to come.

Any updates on the Husky? I have the same one since last July and so far it's been great....except changing the oil. What a pain that is.

TnHusky

Threads
Any updates on the Husky? I have the same one since last July and so far it's been great....except changing the oil. What a pain that is.

I have about 63hrs on it and already mowed 3 times this year and have done a lot of yard work and proud to say it still surprised me at how much tq the Kohler 24 makes. Heck I even used it as a bush hog mowing some blackberry briars as well as other weeds down. I had to ride the mower upon them so it would cut and cut it did no problem. So far so good and I've never regretted buying this mower but a little disappointed in Husqvarna for changing the engine to a Briggs. I love the kohler engine and the tranny is still working awesome as well.

By the way, I have no problem changing the oil but I really enjoy doing that sort of thing also.

Straydog

Threads
I have about 63hrs on it and already mowed 3 times this year and have done a lot of yard work and proud to say it still surprised me at how much tq the Kohler 24 makes. Heck I even used it as a bush hog mowing some blackberry briars as well as other weeds down. I had to ride the mower upon them so it would cut and cut it did no problem. So far so good and I've never regretted buying this mower but a little disappointed in Husqvarna for changing the engine to a Briggs. I love the kohler engine and the tranny is still working awesome as well.

By the way, I have no problem changing the oil but I really enjoy doing that sort of thing also.

I have no problem changing oil ....just getting the drain to work correctly. I'm gonna do the piece of pipe mod that's recommended on this forum. That will make it much easier. I agree with the change to Briggs. I like my Kohler too. My old Craftsman had a 15 1/2 hp. Kohler that was still running good when the tranny went out after 16/17 years.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 2007 yth2448. With the briggs.
If the new ones are built as good as this one it will last you years.
Not sure how many hours on I in hooked the hour meter a couple years ago it still shows 908 hours.
Never any problems with the tranny or the steering.
Engine just started to smoke last week.