Quest 42 Electrical troubleshooting

jbtynes

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all!
New member here.
I posted in the welcome forum, but thought I might get some feedback here. I have inherited a Exmark Quest 42 with some electrical issues. I need to run down the failure to get voltage to the starter. I can tell a couple of safety swithces are broken/removed and the wires shorted. This seems to work with the seat switch, not sure about the handle position switch that was removed. I am ordering new safety switches, but in the meantime I would love to troubleshoot the issue. Im looking for anyone with experience following the schematic to get starting current to the starter. Im not clear on all the safety kills...

Thank you!

Jeremy

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome
By & large all you get from an introduction posts is Howdy .
Please post the full model & serial numbers from your mowers ID tag
Generally the cranking circuit goes through the PTO switch , parking brake & lap bars
Some times it is direct & others it is via relays

jbtynes

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your reply. I traced out all the safety circuits and they were fine. Found the lower 25A fuse was broken....Not blown, but one blade was so corroded it was going open and I was able to snap it right off. That was my only issue. I had previously tested the fuses for continuity, but didnt look close enough to them...