Quantum electric start.

Motivator

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all I wonder if you can help me on this one, I have a five hp electric start Quantum,
The starter motor is very slow , when the key is turned , in fact it will not even enage ,
The flywheel , I have removed the starter and run 12v over it , off the same battery,
It spins over as quick as you like , is there a way of testing the ignition circuit,
I was thinking maybe the motor is not getting enough power to it.

Many

Thanks in advance

Pete.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi all I wonder if you can help me on this one, I have a five hp electric start Quantum,
The starter motor is very slow , when the key is turned , in fact it will not even enage ,
The flywheel , I have removed the starter and run 12v over it , off the same battery,
It spins over as quick as you like , is there a way of testing the ignition circuit,
I was thinking maybe the motor is not getting enough power to it.

Many

Thanks in advance

Pete.

If the battery is good check for bad connection, bad battery cable, starter solenoid. Have your battery load tested first.

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the micro switch on the L/H side of the engine where the
OPC cable fits on the engine.

Usually the voltage from the battery travels up the handle to the ign switch, through the switch and down to micro switch then onto starter.
Make sure the battery and engine earth is clean.

Motivator

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check the micro switch on the L/H side of the engine where the
OPC cable fits on the engine.

Usually the voltage from the battery travels up the handle to the ign switch, through the switch and down to micro switch then onto starter.
Make sure the battery and engine earth is clean.

Thanks for the advice I will be look at the setup later.

Motivator

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well seems that I have a loose connection or bad wire in the loom at , the ignition barrel .
If I squeeze the loom against the handle it fires lovely. So need to strip it down to check for a break.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well seems that I have a loose connection or bad wire in the loom at , the ignition barrel .
If I squeeze the loom against the handle it fires lovely. So need to strip it down to check for a break.

That is good trouble shooting.:thumbsup:

Motivator

Forum Newbie
Threads
It was the switch that was a bit duff, managed to find a good second hand one ,
Works a treat.