Push Mowers on Lawn Care Trailer

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I suppose you cold use some type of bicycle locking system but why would you want to lock down a push mower?

OnGuard Key Cable Lock 6ftx12mm - Normal Shipping Ground

I use it when I will be away from my trailer for more than a few minutes or when I go into a store I like to make it a little harder to steal stuff I use a bike lock with my snow blowers to in the back of my truck and I use to have a long dog run cord on my other trailer went through all the equipment and padlocked it all but now with my new locking boxes I just need to lock my mowers and weedeaters with a little cable

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
The big problem with locking something up is it basically doesn't prevent someone from taking anything because if they want your equipment a bike lock or what ever isn't going to stop them, I mean really a good pair of bolt cutters works in seconds so why waste money buying something there just going to destroy. If you so worried about someone taking equipment just buy some insurance to cover it. At least that way you can get something out of it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The big problem with locking something up is it basically doesn't prevent someone from taking anything because if they want your equipment a bike lock or what ever isn't going to stop them, I mean really a good pair of bolt cutters works in seconds so why waste money buying something there just going to destroy. If you so worried about someone taking equipment just buy some insurance to cover it. At least that way you can get something out of it.

I realize that but the lock will keep the thieves of convience from simply walking away with stuff. If someone is going to to through the trouble to cut a lock and load up my lawn mower nothing is going to stop them but when I only leave ky trailer for minutes at a time I think it more than serves its purpose haven't gotten anything stolen yet so.....

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said if someone wants the stuff bad enough there nothing your going to do to stop them convenient or not and personally the way I look at is you or anyone else don't have anything on any trailer that's worth going to jail for.

LoCo86

Threads
Like I said if someone wants the stuff bad enough there nothing your going to do to stop them convenient or not and personally the way I look at is you or anyone else don't have anything on any trailer that's worth going to jail for.

I agree. It's just like anything else you lock up ( car, home, out buildings, etc..). It's just to ease your mind and make someone go that extra mile to get into your belongings.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree. It's just like anything else you lock up ( car, home, out buildings, etc..). It's just to ease your mind and make someone go that extra mile to get into your belongings.

Yep people want my stuff they are going to work for it lol I am buying another lock for my garage its a smartphone lock its like a giant bolt with no access to it from the outside except through your smartphone (doesn't need network just Bluetooth) and only works with your phone ons try it I already have 2 deadbolts and a locking handle with 3 in screws in all the hardware and the frame reinforced with steel the garage door is bolted to the floor and bolts through the rail and a chain lock someone wants in there they are going to have to drive through a wall lol

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep people want my stuff they are going to work for it lol I am buying another lock for my garage its a smartphone lock its like a giant bolt with no access to it from the outside except through your smartphone (doesn't need network just Bluetooth) and only works with your phone ons try it I already have 2 deadbolts and a locking handle with 3 in screws in all the hardware and the frame reinforced with steel the garage door is bolted to the floor and bolts through the rail and a chain lock someone wants in there they are going to have to drive through a wall lol

I've heard of paranoia or being a little paranoid but that's a little ridiculous don't ya think. Sounds to me like your afraid to live and scared to die.

LoCo86

Threads
I've heard of paranoia or being a little paranoid but that's a little ridiculous don't ya think. Sounds to me like your afraid to live and scared to die.

It all depends on where you live and what environment you grew up in. I'm sure it has been a long while if at all that you had to struggle with money and live in low income neighborhoods. Some people forget what it is like.