Pump Drive Belt Broke on Raptor SD 54"

fan45acp

Threads
The new mower has 3.6 hours and the pump drive belt broke today. I loaded the mower up and took it to my dealer. The mechanic said he has fixed 5 Raptor SD with this problem. He said he would remove the hydros place a washer (spacer) on each side because the belt is interfering with the cooling fan on the hydro. When this happened it sounded like an idle pulley was making noise and had vibration. The belt broke right away. I sure hope it gets fixed quickly and I have no more problems. This is the second time that I have cut grass with the mower and it really cuts grass Very Well.

fan45acp

Threads
The new mower has 3.6 hours and the pump drive belt broke today. I loaded the mower up and took it to my dealer. The mechanic said he has fixed 5 Raptor SD with this problem. He said he would remove the hydros place a washer (spacer) on each side because the belt is interfering with the cooling fan on the hydro. When this happened it sounded like an idle pulley was making noise and had vibration. The belt broke right away. I sure hope it gets fixed quickly and I have no more problems. This is the second time that I have cut grass with the mower and it really cuts grass Very Well.

Update, My dealer called me to come pickup my mower. A small piece of a stick was jammed in the groove of one of the hydro pulleys and caused the belt to break. They wrote it up as a warranty item and it cost me nothing. Mower runs and cuts Great. I'm glad I bought it from a dealer instead of a big box store.. :cool:

1striper1

Threads
Update, My dealer called me to come pickup my mower. A small piece of a stick was jammed in the groove of one of the hydro pulleys and caused the belt to break. They wrote it up as a warranty item and it cost me nothing. Mower runs and cuts Great. I'm glad I bought it from a dealer instead of a big box store.. :cool:

Now that to me is a great example of DEALER SUPPORT!

Oldschool1959

Threads
Now that to me is a great example of DEALER SUPPORT!

Do dealers actually come pick up these things when something goes wrong with them before the first year is up? I have taken mine 2 times and I am tired of me having to spend my time when its Hustlers fault. I would understand if I abused it, thats far from the truth though. Should I call on Monday and request them to come and pick it up? I am not local but about depending on traffic 40 minutes away.

gfp55

Threads

So was the mechanic blowing smoke or was the dealer blowing smoke. I find that hard to swallow that a "small piece of a stick jammed in the groove of one of the hydro pulleys and caused the belt to break". And the dealer committed fraud by writing it up as a warranty item. If you got your finger in that pulley I bet the belt would not have broke. Sounds fishy to me.