pulley removal 1500zx help

guccii

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello forum I bad a problem with one of the spindles were I hit a metal in the ground and broke of the blade
Half of the bolt is in the spindle.
I bought a new spindle for the mower but having problems taking off the pulley there is no key any that I can find
Took the nut off the top of the pulley but its not coming off.
Anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

gregjo1948

Threads
I think there is suppose to be a key and you have spun the pulley shearing the key. There might be debris jammed between the pulley and the shaft causing it to bind on harder than usual. It may just be rusted on or maybe it is a tappered shaft. Try wedging something under 2 sides of the pulley( parallel to each other-opposite sides of the shaft), screw the nut flush to end of the shaft, then give the nut a quick pop with a hammer. The pressure of the wedged items and the jar from the hammer in the oppoite direction might be enough to dislodge the pulley. gregjo1948

randyb

Forum Newbie
Threads
Definitely a key. I spun mine off, destroyed the spindle shaft. You'll need a wheel puller if you can't bang it off with a mallet. Try heating it first with a propane torch. I've had to even heat the blade bolts at times to get them loosened up enough to get off.