Pulled the trigger on the SS5060

wbw

Threads
Stopped at the dealer again today for a final look see. Decided to make the move. Filled out the application for the 0% financing and got approved. I'll stop there tomorrow to sign the agreement and it will be delivered either Thursday or Friday. Looking forward to it. :biggrin:

I mowed today for what will probably be my last cut with my Hustler Fastrak. I cleaned it up real good and will try to sell it before winter. If not, spring should find a buyer.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Spring is where the money is. Congrats on the new mower.

wbw

Threads
Spring is where the money is. Congrats on the new mower.

Thanks. Spring may be where the money is, but I could use the extra room in the garage with the Hustler gone.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
LOL I just bought a storage shed to make everything fit in my garage. Tired of clearing the snow off the truck.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Another Congrats on the SS 5060, I recently got the SS 4260, because of so many trees on my place & my shop space is limited..

I'm really enjoying it for sure.. Had to make slight deck adjustment on the F to B slope. It was level, I set it to 1/8" lower in front..

wbw

Threads
She was delivered this afternoon. She's all beautiful, dressed in red. :cool:

I just mowed yesterday, but I'll give her a spin this weekend.

Just thought of a question for you owners: do you use the water systems to clean your decks or no? I usually clean my deck by hand every time before I cut, so this water system is new to me. Do you guys use it, or is it mostly a gimmick?

Brucebotti

Threads
She was delivered this afternoon. She's all beautiful, dressed in red. :cool:

I just mowed yesterday, but I'll give her a spin this weekend.

Just thought of a question for you owners: do you use the water systems to clean your decks or no? I usually clean my deck by hand every time before I cut, so this water system is new to me. Do you guys use it, or is it mostly a gimmick?

I tried the water system a few times on my MX5060, and it doesn't seem to do much. I have had it for nearly two seasons and I have only had to clean the bottom of the deck maybe 3-4 times. It just doesn't seem to build up. The only times have been when the grass was high and a little wet.

Best of luck with your new ride. I'm sure you'll love it!

Bruce

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll never use the water system, I think it is inviting rust & possible water into spindle bearings..

Just as I'll never use a metal blade putty knife, the steel blade can scrape off the powder coating underneath..

I use wooden scrapers I made outta some old masonite.. Never scratch thru the coating like this.. Plus I clean right after I mow, when grass is still soft & easy to remove..

Enjoy your 5060 :thumbsup:

wbw

Threads
Thanks for the input guys. I'll skip the water works.

I've been using a small V shaped cement trowel to scrape the underside of the deck. I'll have to make sure I'm not scraping paint when I do that.

Lawn Addict
Threads
That'll help from getting the deck rusting right away... That's why I use wood.. But thats me..