PTO question

kt23287

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yesterday my John Deere 145 Automatic PTO stopped engaging the blades. The first time they took a few seconds to rev up and then the same thing again and haven't engaged since............anyone with any ideas on a fix or a place to start? Battery tests good. I only saw one fuse, a 20 amp, it was good and I don't guess there is another one just for the PTO. Thanks
keith

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello keith & Welcome to the LMF...

Check for 12 volts at the clutch AND check that there is a GOOD ground... a poor connection at either will give you bad times... and that is the most common reason clutches fail... :smile:KennyV

kt23287

Forum Newbie
Threads
So where is the clutch located and what type of test is needed, kinda new to this thing

Threads
The clutch is on the engine pulley as far as testing goes i dont know but just a simple wire check as mentioned may help. I would check the hot, and ground to be sure they are tight, and no chaffed covering. Maybe someone here can tell us both how to test the clutch..:smile:

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there! WELCOME to LawnMowerForum! :biggrin:

I moved your thread to the John Deere Forum. You'll get a better response there. :thumbsup: