Problems when running my Mower

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
what were those numbers?

Threads
what were those numbers?

One of the numbers that you quoted was 398593, and that is listed in my parts manual for my mower (see attached, file is PDF)

Should I use the retrofit kit that Briggs offers?

Attachments

• Parts Catalog.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 3

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Chit!!! Briggs must have had someone on the payroll that didn't go to college!!!!! I am not upset, but see a new good way to sell parts!!!! Thanks.... Have you bought this coil or not?????

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you sure that if I get the magneto that you mentioned before in one your posts, it will be able to completely run the engine without the use of the points, because I saw the magneto part number in my parts manual (original) for my mower as a replacement for the magneto that I already have on the engine.

Nah, I am done here.... He will be wanting his money back if there is a problem!!!!! Which he has a 32 year old engine!!!! I am done trying to help here, let the other
dudes here hop in and take control/credit for anything!!!!!

Threads
So if anyone is helping me anymore, I have been able to get enough money for the coil and a diaphragm for my mower, they should arrive early next month. These are the parts that I have purchased.

Coil
Amazon.com : Oregon 33-342 Ignition Coil Replacement for Briggs & Stratton 793281, 697036, 398593, 496914 : Lawn And Garden Tool Replacement Parts : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Diaphragm
Amazon.com : Briggs & Stratton 391681 Diaphragm : Lawn And Garden Tool Replacement Parts : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I noticed the coil comes with what looks like a kill wire setup, does this wire connect into the metal thing I mentioned in one of my earlier posts?

Threads
I have made a discovery, my engine does not have points, that is why the magneto part number is the same.

I have found out my taking out the old coil and it has only one wire going to it which is the kill wire and on the top of my engine it says Magnetron, which means it is powered my electronic ignition.

What this also means is that I have purchased the right part and that my old coil is busted. This is proven because when I took it out of the engine a piece of plastic fell of it uncovering the coil, which I assume would not be good thing. Also adding to the old coil is very very dirty.

Like I asked before what do about the kill wire that comes with the coil I have ordered, how do I link it up?