prestige 27 hp shuts off

2007Prestige

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will try the ether. I checked the fuel flow before and it seems fine. If the engine was just burning the fuel in the carb and shutting down, would it restart again a few seconds later when I start it again? I've done that multiple times and it always restarts. I pulled the carb, (pain in the ___), twice now. Tested the fuel shutoff as explained in the manual. The pin pulled in as advertised. Cleaned all ports, etc, everything was spic and span. Checked the seat switch, pedal switch, (brake), PTO switch, RMO switch. Neutral switch. All seem to be working normally. I'm lost for what to do next. I had replaced the fuel pump last year. Keep the ideas flowing guys. I need all the help I can get. I'm about ready to buy a new carb. Unfortunately, I can't say its fuel.

2007Prestige

Forum Newbie
Threads
Forgot to mention, I replaced the pressure switch when I had the carb off since it resides behind it.

Freddie21

Threads
Pull the fuel solenoid and clip the tip off. Does it keep running if you shoot carb cleaner in the carb throat?

johnny7

Threads
I have a 2007 prestige. Ran perfectly 2 weeks ago. went to use it two days ago. started right up and shut down a few seconds later. Made several attempts with same result. Changed both plugs. Removed and cleaned carb. Tested fuel shutoff solenoid. works fine. Looked at every wire I can see. No bare wires. What can cause this? Also, how does reverse mowing system work?
So, do you have an update for us? What did you find as the problem and solution?