Pressure Washer 580.752591 Carburetor Replacement

Rick15752

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought this new, used it maybe 4 times, and it still looks like the day I bought it. It sat for a long time, with empty fuel tank. Thought I'd use it so I fueled it and changed the oil, tried to start it but no success. Removed and cleaned spark plug, it looked like new so not much to clean. Removed fuel bowl to check and found it was clean, but in the process I damage the fuel bowl gasket (rubber O ring), so I ordered a new one. Once it arrived I reassembled everything and it started on the 3rd pull. Ran it for a few minutes with water attached to the pump. Turned it off and put it back in the garage intending to use it later. Noticed gasoline dripping from the bowl. Disassembled, checked everything, and reassembled. Couldn't stop the leak no matter what I tried. I think I damaged something, maybe the float. Briggs & Stratton Engine Model # 12T4120110 F8. The carburetor has lots of numbers stamped on the body, 797180 32704909 811064, so I don't know which one is the carburetor model. Is there a source to purchase a new carburetor? I think there was a design problem with some of the older B&S carburetors, so I'd like to get a new replacement.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Part number of complete carb is 591299 But most likely you need either 792006 the repair kit or 398188 which is the needle and seat which is the problem with your carb. The float seat is leaking from wear or dirt, or could also be damaged with carb cleaners which can cause the rubber donut to crumble or swell.

Last edited:

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Needle and seat kit is 398188 not 397188.. I use high pressure air to blow the seat out and if it doesn't come out take a small screw driver and stick down in the seat hole and carefully turn it a little and it will blow out seaiest carb to clean.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Needle and seat kit is 398188 not 397188.. I use high pressure air to blow the seat out and if it doesn't come out take a small screw driver and stick down in the seat hole and carefully turn it a little and it will blow out seaiest carb to clean.
Fat fingered it. Correct now.

Rick15752

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you ILENGINE and hlw49. I'll order one of the two kits, maybe I'll get the carb overhaul kit 792006, just in case I damage other things during the repair. When I removed the intake from the carburetor body, I noticed fuel streaming out of a hole, see photo below. The intake has a corresponding hole, which allows the fuel to stream down and over the bowl. So, maybe the bowl is not the problem and it's elsewhere. Now I'm confused as to what is going wrong with this carburetor. Also, I went on BriggsandStratton.com online store, but the Parts Lookup Tool doesn't seem to recognize my engine model # 12T120110. Is there a better way to look up the parts for this particular engine?

IMG_2652 (1).JPG

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Really should pull the float bowl, float, and needle valve. There is two different repair kits listed. The 792006 kit is the one with the solid metal needle valve. the other needle valve has a rubber tip.

If you have the one with the rubber tip then you have the 591299 carburetor which takes kit # 797634 but doesn't come with the needle valve which must order separately [PN 797139]

Last edited:

Rick15752

Forum Newbie
Threads
StarTech, I pulled the float bowl, and float. No needle is present which is, apparently, my problem. Now, I remember hearing something drop onto the table when I was removing the bowl the other day. I looked around to see what dropped but found nothing. So, due to my inexperience in small engines, I didn't realize the needle fell out.

I've looked for it but it's no where to be found. I worked outside, so it could be anywhere. Now I'm going to order a needle and seat. Can you tell from the photos here what carburetor I have, and which of the two kits' I'll need? Is there another way to tell what carburetor I have, such as a stamped number?
Thanks.IMG_2653.JPGIMG_2654.JPG

Last edited:

Rick15752

Forum Newbie
Threads
I found a Youtube Video (link) on the Briggs and Stratton Engine Float Needle Replacement. Based on what I see in the video, I think I need to order the 797139, as I don't see a rubber seat in the carburetor body. The seat in the video is brass, as is mine, so I think the tip of the needle should be rubber rather than metal.

Additional: I emailed Briggs and Stratton.com and asked the model # of my carburetor, based on the engine model number, and they responded with model # 591299. So, it looks like the right float needle is #797139.

Last edited: