Poulan/Weedeater 22in Blade Rubs Deck

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Blade only rubs deck when pushing it to mow. Checked blade and its not bent. Same with crank. Blade doesnt rub when sitting still when engine is running. Any ideas or thoughts?

DaveTN

Threads
Blade only rubs deck when pushing it to mow. Checked blade and its not bent. Same with crank. Blade doesnt rub when sitting still when engine is running. Any ideas or thoughts?

When you push the mower maybe you're flexing the frame? Might check the blade clearance with the plug out just in case! Some of those blades only clear a small amount. No hairline crack in the frame? Hope this helps. Dave

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Theres no hairline crack in the deck. These deck flex all the time even when bought new. Would I run into balance issues if I use 21 inch instead of a 22in blade? What grinding the length of the blade down so doesnt scrap the inside of the deck?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just my opinion, but if the blade only hits in one spot, I would try to bend the deck out a little in that spot. It may be that the engine mounting holes would allow the engine to be slid away from that side just a little (if that does not make it too close on the other side). I would not change the blade to a shorter one.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Flip the mower over you will see where the blade hits. Smack with a hammer a few times.
Make sure all the engine to deck bolts are tight

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

ereplace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Wipe off the fresh cuttings to locate the bare spot. It should have scrapes from the blade hitting the deck. If you are sure there isn't a crack, then I would check the spindle. If it's vibrating after hitting the deck, you will need to tighten or replace the spindle. (it will need tightening if the blade is moving around) You may also want to check that the bearings are in tact.

OEM Replacement Parts | DIY Repair | eReplacementParts.com

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wipe off the fresh cuttings to locate the bare spot. It should have scrapes from the blade hitting the deck. If you are sure there isn't a crack, then I would check the spindle. If it's vibrating after hitting the deck, you will need to tighten or replace the spindle. (it will need tightening if the blade is moving around) You may also want to check that the bearings are in tact.

OEM Replacement Parts | DIY Repair | eReplacementParts.com

This is walk behind not a riding mower.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the blade hits the deck there will not be any grass in that spot. Just saying.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))