poulan forum

themowerking20

Threads
Maybe admin would put one in brand specific forums......alot of poulan and poulan owners out here....you would be surprised

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yea and maybe add the weedeater brand with it

Just asking but why don't you use the Craftsman forum to post about Poulan it's the same thing, made and owned by the same company.

MowerMike

Threads
Just asking but why don't you use the Craftsman forum to post about Poulan it's the same thing, made and owned by the same company.

A better question is why are there separate MTD and Bolens forums, since Bolens is now part of MTD ? And we could add Yardman and Yard Machines in there as well. I saw a Bolens branded push mower at Lowe's that was identical except for color to a Yard Machines mower at Walmart. Even the prices were the same. What we are missing is a Dolmar / Makita forum and a Tanaka / Hitachi forum.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
A better question is why are there separate MTD and Bolens forums, since Bolens is now part of MTD ? And we could add Yardman and Yard Machines in there as well. I saw a Bolens branded push mower at Lowe's that was identical except for color to a Yard Machines mower at Walmart. Even the prices were the same. What we are missing is a Dolmar / Makita forum and a Tanaka / Hitachi forum.

I take it Dolmar / Makita are chainsaws and mowers and the Tanaka and Hitachi are hand held equipment. When you come down to it I guess you need to look at Manufacturers there are and who and what they own and I don't know if you could list them all.

MowerMike

Threads
I take it Dolmar / Makita are chainsaws and mowers and the Tanaka and Hitachi are hand held equipment. When you come down to it I guess you need to look at Manufacturers there are and who and what they own and I don't know if you could list them all.

Oh, for sure you can't list everything, but my impression is that LMF is somewhat dated in its listing of manufacturers and is missing some that are currently widely sold. For example, Black & Decker is the only electric mower manufacturer that is listed, however brands like WORX, Greenworks and Earthwise/Homelite have made strong inroads in this market. Also, Greenworks is innovating with lithium ion batteries, whereas B & D is sticking with heavy SLA batteries in their products.

Parkmower

Threads
Ric said:

We all know that but a homeowner thats looking for Tips on maintaining/troubleshooting may not know that.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh, for sure you can't list everything, but my impression is that LMF is somewhat dated in its listing of manufacturers and is missing some that are currently widely sold. For example, Black & Decker is the only electric mower manufacturer that is listed, however brands like WORX, Greenworks and Earthwise/Homelite have made strong inroads in this market. Also, Greenworks is innovating with lithium ion batteries, whereas B & D is sticking with heavy SLA batteries in their products.

Well I know that a lot of forums have space restrictions, I don't know if this forum is one of those or not, but a lot the administrators will there space and sub forums according to popularity of an Item as away of building the activity level of the forum. I'm sure what you're asking for could be added but whether it would or could draw enough attention to waste the space is up to the Administrator. If it were me and space was an issue I'd consider using the B&D forum and combining all you mentioned and re-naming the forum, or if space isn't an issue make a separate forum for each.

themowerking20

Threads
I was thinking poulan/weedeater forum mostly for the handheld stuff that people have alot of problems with ...but yea most of the mowers are mtd and you more than likely can find help in mtd forum

MowerMike

Threads
If it were me and space was an issue I'd consider using the B&D forum and combining all you mentioned and re-naming the forum, or if space isn't an issue make a separate forum for each.

We already have a general forum for electric mowers, so there is no need for another. The manufacturer forums are intended to assist members with specific issues particular to that brand such as finding spare parts or making repairs. The MTD and Bolens products are the same, so it makes sense to combine them, whereas B & D, WORX, Greenworks and Earthwise are completely different, so it does not.