Post a pic of the trailer and tow vehicle you use for lawn care purposes

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Post a pic of the trailer and tow vehicle you use for lawn care purposes
My trailer cannot hold my JD, but I carry mowers, my generator, etc. around with it, plus plus pick up sand, stone, topsoil, mulch, etc. Rite now it has a 500 pound stump in it I just picked up at my in laws.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 60

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Your Yukon is in very good condition! What year is it ?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your Yukon is in very good condition! What year is it ?

Purchased new in April of 2000, currently 38,000 miles....4X4, 3/4 ton, 364 gas V8, automatic, 4.10 gears, 10,000 pound towing capacity.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Purchased new in April of 2000, currently 38,000 miles....4X4, 3/4 ton, 364 gas V8, automatic, 4.10 gears, 10,000 pound towing capacity.
Wow! You only drive around 3,400 miles per year ?

That GMC is lucky! Most of them get driven a lot I'm sure, being good trucks for work.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow! You only drive around 3,400 miles per year ?

That GMC is lucky! Most of them get driven a lot I'm sure, being good trucks for work.

Low mileage is becuz we purchased it to pull our travel trailer, wife and I worked in same place and only used one vehicle to commute, (car) and we retired 2 1/2 years after buying the GMC. Retired guys drive little, I put less than 2000 miles a year on my car and truck. GMC gets used only for towing becuz poor gas mileage.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Low mileage is becuz we purchased it to pull our travel trailer, wife and I worked in same place and only used one vehicle to commute, (car) and we retired 2 1/2 years after buying the GMC. Retired guys drive little, I put less than 2000 miles a year on my car and truck. GMC gets used only for towing becuz poor gas mileage.
Won't be doing your battery much good, but I know what you mean.

If there is nowhere to go, it is hard to find a reason to go out in a car.

Adding low MPG on top of that, and you have a big reason to only drive it occasionally!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Won't be doing your battery much good, but I know what you mean.

If there is nowhere to go, it is hard to find a reason to go out in a car.

Adding low MPG on top of that, and you have a big reason to only drive it occasionally!

Drive it at least once a week to keep battery charged...went to local recycling center today, something I do quarterly. Has close to 200 empty milk jugs and juice bottles, probably 800 aluminum and tin cans, 50 pounds of flattened cardboard cartons, and about 250 pounds of newspapers and magazines. I was there for 20 minutes unloading, made me laugh so hard when people pulled into the center and took a little box of paper from the trunk to go in the dumpster, then they would get back in and drive 30 feet and throw in two or three milk jugs.

Lazy idiots. I parked in one spot and hauled all my recycle around without moving the truck at all. People are so lazy these days it disgusts me. Have to get back in the car and drive 30 feet to drop off 2 pounds of plastic.....:confused2::confused2:

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 49

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Drive it at least once a week to keep battery charged...went to local recycling center today, something I do quarterly. Has close to 200 empty milk jugs and juice bottles, probably 800 aluminum and tin cans, 50 pounds of flattened cardboard cartons, and about 250 pounds of newspapers and magazines. I was there for 20 minutes unloading, made me laugh so hard when people pulled into the center and took a little box of paper from the trunk to go in the dumpster, then they would get back in and drive 30 feet and throw in two or three milk jugs.

Lazy idiots. I parked in one spot and hauled all my recycle around without moving the truck at all. People are so lazy these days it disgusts me. Have to get back in the car and drive 30 feet to drop off 2 pounds of plastic.....:confused2::confused2:

Since you hijacked your own thread.....:laughing:
Thanks for recycling...everybody should.:thumbsup:
Luckily mine is picked up once a week. I only have to carry it to the street.:cool:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since you hijacked your own thread.....:laughing:
Thanks for recycling...everybody should.:thumbsup:
Luckily mine is picked up once a week. I only have to carry it to the street.:cool:

I am luckier than most, live only 4 miles from the best recycling center in Michigan, they accept all types of paper, cardboard, boxboard, glass, steel and aluminum cans, most plastics, the lot is huge, clean, well lighted, open 24/7 365 days a year, and twice yearly they have free disposal of scrap metal and usable building materials, etc. Yard waste is accepted for a small fee a quarter mile away, but the real trash dump is 15 miles away, fine with me, no worries about water pollution. Wife and I recycle so much most weeks we might have one bag of trash and half of it is used cat litter.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
That's great of you to recycle, and more people should definitely do it.

As for the person who drove 30 feet to the next part of the recycling centre, that is just pure laziness.

By the time they had got in the car, fired it up, put it in gear, drove over, took it out of gear, shut it down, and got out, they could have walked in the same time!