Pony won't start

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok - so I cleaned where the battery cable connects to the frame. It was dirty. However, nothing changed.

When I took out the spark plug and turned the key the spark plug sparked and the engine spun like it wanted to start. However, when I disconnected the spark plug wire to re-insert the plug, the metal connector inside the rubber end broke off on the spark plug.

Now what?

You can buy just a new spark plug wire end. Most auto parts stores or NAPA.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think he's talking about metal clip on the plug wire not the rubber boot.

Yes the metal clip is replaceable.. I make up my own copper core plug wires because I have all the hardware and wire to do so. I also have made plug wires longer by adding a new peace of wire to the old wire. You just have to seal it up with liquid tape.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes the metal clip is replaceable.. I make up my own copper core plug wires because I have all the hardware and wire to do so. I also have made plug wires longer by adding a new peace of wire to the old wire. You just have to seal it up with liquid tape.

You should do how to on that. Especially on removing and installing back on the coil itself. I been replacing the whole coil with used or new.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should do how to on that. Especially on removing and installing back on the coil itself. I been replacing the whole coil with used or new.

You don't have to replace the whole cable. Just add a new end on to it.