Play in steering controller

whiskeymike

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an MZ5424S and some play (about half to 1") has developed in the left steering controller. Mostly the play in in side to side, but there's a bit forward/back. I glanced at it this weekend, but didn't see an obvious place to tighten it. There is a bolt on the front of cage around it, (same place as the tracking knob from the other side) But it doesn't look like that would control it.

Read through the manual, but didn't find anything. Any ideas on how to tighten it up?

Dave1954

Threads
Its probably the nylon bushings on either side of the part the lap bar is mounted too, mine had play and I found one side had been left out, I got one and now it tight, you have to remove the big bolt going thru it, access with seat up, I took mine all apart but if you can get the big bolt out then you can replace them easier. the part number is bearing flange # 539131518

whiskeymike

Forum Newbie
Threads
Its probably the nylon bushings on either side of the part the lap bar is mounted too, mine had play and I found one side had been left out, I got one and now it tight, you have to remove the big bolt going thru it, access with seat up, I took mine all apart but if you can get the big bolt out then you can replace them easier. the part number is bearing flange # 539131518

I wonder if these wear out. The mower is a year old and originally it had no play, but now does. I need to open it up and see if I can find a bolt that's loose, or maybe missing this bushing.