PJ Want to build a trailer

PJ

Threads
Hi

Want to build a Trailer for my X140 to do the work of a wheel barrow. When carting in top soil for the lawn. I am thinking of a trailer that can tip the soil easy when of-loading making use of a balance point system. Anybody got some ideas?

benski

Threads
A couple of wheelbarrow tires, an axle, some sheet metal, and a welder..

pile81

Threads
Or just buy a john deere trailer that is already done and all figured out.....

PJ

Threads
Or just buy a john deere trailer that is already done and all figured out.....
an

Thanks got all of that axle wheels sheet metal and a welder now need some kind of plan

regards

BBO

Threads
Want to build a Trailer for my X140 to do the work of a wheel barrow.

You can buy a cheap dump cart for around $100 or a real nice one for $300.
You probably need only a 10 cu feet model and you can't buy the parts this cheap.
Tires & wheels with bearings is the most expensive part.

This is an old one I restored and is a good design.
The style with the back gate that pulls straight up is nice.

680_Red_Cart_7-21-2012 007.jpg

PJ

Threads
Hi I watched you when you did the restoration and liked it. I already have an axle and a set of wheels plus all the items like hook etcetera. is it at all possible to get a few detail photographs. i like the pivot point used on the design and the latch to keep the load in place till its needed to tip

regards

pj

Sent from my iPad using LMF

Last edited:

BBO

Threads
...is it at all possible to get a few detail photographs.

You have me confused with someone else, but here are some pictures..
800_Back_7-21-2012 008.jpg

800_Bottom_7-21-2012 005.jpg

800_Latch_7-21-2012 006.jpg

LakeRat1

Threads
I built a trailer something like this, only a little bigger, I pull it with my mower or my 4 wheeler, bed is 4 ft X 5 ft axle is just a little off center so it will dump, I think I moved the axle 6 in. forward of center, I used 22 x 10 x 8 tires, they don't make any ruts in the yard, one thing you need to watch out for is the trailer has to be high enough off the ground so the bed can dump, my trailer has a good steep angle when in the dump mod, I didn't build my trailer with steel plate, I built a my frame with 1.25 angle iron & used treated 3/4 ply wood, it's over 10 years old and still going strong, it is light enough to move by hand, & strong enough to do any thing around the place

Rat
I don't know how to post pictures, if You would like, I could take a couple pic. & email them to you

PJ

Threads
I built a trailer something like this, only a little bigger, I pull it with my mower or my 4 wheeler, bed is 4 ft X 5 ft axle is just a little off center so it will dump, I think I moved the axle 6 in. forward of center, I used 22 x 10 x 8 tires, they don't make any ruts in the yard, one thing you need to watch out for is the trailer has to be high enough off the ground so the bed can dump, my trailer has a good steep angle when in the dump mod, I didn't build my trailer with steel plate, I built a my frame with 1.25 angle iron & used treated 3/4 ply wood, it's over 10 years old and still going strong, it is light enough to move by hand, & strong enough to do any thing around the place

Rat
I don't know how to post pictures, if You would like, I could take a couple pic. & email them to you

Hi join the club I don't know myself e-mail address pjon@mweb.co.za

thanks