piston and rod difference

rocky4

Threads
Hi All,
I have two 17.5 B&S engines. Both have the same model and type numbers:
Model: 313707
Type: 0216-E1
Here is the problem. One blew out a rod which went through the block assy. The piston is ok but the rod is gone. The only thing left of the rod was the top part connected to the piston and part of the bottom connected to the crankshaft. Don't know where the other part went, so I have no clue to the size of rod. The other engine burned a hole in the cylinder top but the rod is ok, so I wanted to use the good piston with the good rod in second engine,but the rod is too long for the good piston. The pistons are different ( see attached photos). Both pistons will interchange with engines, its just the piston pin difference.
The engines are different in the sump area as you can see in photos,but the upper part is the same. I'm trying to find out what rod goes with the larger piston. The parts break down only shows one rod for this model. Any help!!

Attachments

• engine number 1.jpg
    engine number 1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 15
  • engine number 2.jpg
    engine number 2.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 11
  • P1040306.jpg
    P1040306.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 9
  • P1040308.jpg
    P1040308.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 13

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, I remember your post from earlier. Your only hope would likely be to buy the parts from someone that has dis-assembled and put up one of the old style engines on e-bay, which is highly un-likely. If you want the newer parts, then you have to upgrade everything involved, which you have discovered, which is why I recommended that you just look for a replacement engine.

rocky4

Threads

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is it just me????? Or is there something wrong here?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Or we could just throw up some "Briggs" links.....