Pinestraw season is not far off now

Threads
I put a front hub from a lawn mower on the front to use to make it swivel left and right. I also ordered the actuators and switches today. We have a couple of yards to cut tomorrow and then I am going to start laying some stuff out on my new baler as well.

I bought an air compressor yesterday to power my new unit. We used an electric air compressor on the trailer with a generator on the trailer to pull it. This new compressor is gas powered.

9 gal. 212cc 135 PSI Wheelbarrow Air Compressor EPA III

Now that's a heavy duty compressor!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
In our part of the world I would say that pine straw is by far used more than any other kind of mulch. I built a pine straw baler a while back out of wood with an air cylinder to compress the bales. I am now in the process of building one out if metal. I am going to put it in a better trailer. I am excited about getting it going. I hope to work on it this week.

I remember you posting about it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
How long have you had it and have you had any problems with it.

Over a year it sits for months starts every time. Has a ton of air seems like I rarely have to wait for a charge. Not the best cfm but only comes into play when I'm trying to do something I shouldn't

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Started over the weekend modifying my rake to work on the front of my 4wheeler. I have two linear actuators to install. One to raise the unit off the ground and one to change the angle on it so that it will push straight on or rake to the side kind of like a snow plow plows. Hope to get my baler finished before too much longer. Hope to post some pictures before too much longer.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do post pictures of it!

And you if you can, of your mowing setup. You seem to have a lot of equipment.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do post pictures of it!

I am currently working on three different projects all with a short deadline. My newest straw baler which is fast coming together. My straw rake which I am modifying to put on the front of my 4 wheeler, and a leaf box on a lawn cart trailer to pull behind my Kubota zero turn.

The leaf box is currently a frame work of light metal that I am going to cover with tin. I took a 6' heavy stovepipe fitting and will use it for a transition piece to hook the hose that runs from the blower on my mower deck to the trailer.

The reason I am building this contraption is I have some properties that have a considerable amount of leaves that have to brought a distance to dump. It is just too much work to use the regular bagger on the mower to do it because I have to dump too often. A comparable unit from Tractor Supply was over $1000 on sale a while back. It of course has a motor pulling the blower on it. I am going to utilize the blower on the deck of my mower I and bought a section of hose to run from the mower to the trailer. If it works as I hope it will, I will be out less than $100 for materials to build it since I am going to utilize things I already have to build it. I am building it so that I can easily remove it from the trailer and reinstall it so that the trailer is not tied up with it from now on.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do post pictures of it!

What do you mean of my mower setup? Equipment total?........

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea, or a picture of all the stuff in the trailer. I love to see pictures like that.