PICS! The Kerry-All RER cover.....

KerryAll

Threads
Hi, Shayne,
I'm getting ready to make the prototype (had a couple of rush orders for a trade show in Florida), but now that I look at the pics you posted, I'm wondering about the height of my prototype. The height to the top of the hood is about 32", which is what I was going to make the cover, but the top of the steering wheel must be about 42" ?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
yes...more like 40" at the steering wheel....are you looking at changing the cuts??

KerryAll

Threads
Well, originally, we looked at making the cover 32" high, but if we did, when it sat on the top of the steering wheel, it wouldn't cover the tires. Now, whether or not it should go up to 40" at the s/wheel and 32" for the rest, we could look at that. I also need a measurement where the width flares out to 48". Can you see the pic under my pics? I tried to include it in the earlier message, but it wouldn't go.
What are your thoughts?
kerryall-albums-ride-cover-picture3428-ride-cover.html

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
#22 on this thread....i posted the measurements that would work to keep your 32" height cut all the way around

KerryAll

Threads
But at 32" for the height, won't the steering wheel pull it up and leave a gap between the bottom of the cover and the ground?

Threads
Hi, Shayne,
I'm getting ready to make the prototype (had a couple of rush orders for a trade show in Florida), but now that I look at the pics you posted, I'm wondering about the height of my prototype. The height to the top of the hood is about 32", which is what I was going to make the cover, but the top of the steering wheel must be about 42" ?

Hey KerryAll hows your tractor cover project going?

KerryAll

Threads
Hi,wj,
It's going well. reddragon and I are finalizing measurements to make a cover for a regular ride-on. Twall has a prototype I sent him for a RER Snapper, I think it is. The pics are on this thread earlier.
A work in progress, I am! :laughing:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
well.....with the wider measurement in the center the bottom edge shoud sit pretty level all the way around.......thats why i changed them......i compensated for the top section to drape over all the parts without making an uneven bottom edge:smile:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
maybe you can mock up a prototype with an old blanket or something to those specs to see how it would hang:rolleyes:

KerryAll

Threads
That's a good idea. I'll try that, if I can't get it to work, I'll go with our original drawing (your measurements) and give the prototype a whirl.