PGT-9000 - deck pulley question

mystreba

Threads
Hey all - check out my new tractor here - http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/mower-buying-pricing/2648-new-tractor.html.

Anyone have experience with the deck pulleys on this tractor? While everything else on this tractor feels very heavy-duty, the deck pulleys are made of plastic, and I've heard they can throw the pulley cable off fairly easily. I want to know if anyone here has successfully replaced them with metal pulleys.

thanks

fiddletownrob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's a solution trying now: Buy a Covert 2" Heavy-Duty Wall/Ceiling Mount Pulley from Lowes []Shop Covert 2" Heavy-Duty Wall/Ceiling Mount Pulley at Lowes.com or other hardware store. Remove the 2" pulley from the hanger. Hammer the internal grommet/bushing flush with one side of the pulley. Replace existing plastic pulley using 5/16 x 1-1/2 fine threaded bolt and exiting nut, flush side of pulley toward outer side of tractor. I installed it this springs, seems to work fine.

benski

Threads
:eek:That sounds like a great fix to a problem that should never have surfaced in the first place.:ashamed::mad:Thank goodness we have engineers and accountants in this country that can shave another $3.00 off the cost of a product, only to have good old American ingenuity create a $20.00 fix for it:rolleyes:. There, enough soap-boxing for one reply.:smile: