Peerless 205 transmission substitutes

SydneyMC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,
I am new to this forum and have a question about peerless transaxles. Are there any suitable transmissions that can be used in place of a peerless 205-024c? I have a 1998 Murray widebody lawn tractor. Thanks in advance for any helpful responses; I can provide more information if necessary.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Since these are obsolete transaxles your best bet is the local lawn mower savage yards. Dana and Splicer also made the same style transaxles; although, the connecting linkages are different so you need those too.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depends on how much you want to spend, as First question I would ask, do you want to spend more than twice the value of a 25 year old tractor for a tranny? Even rebuilding your unit will cost more than the tractors value.

SydneyMC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since these are obsolete transaxles your best bet is the local lawn mower savage yards. Dana and Splicer also made the same style transaxles; although, the connecting linkages are different so you need those too.
Thank you for the insight into possible substitutes StarTech. I think I am going to take apart my peerless first and see if the are any obvious signs of damage. Checking for parts at salvage yards is a great idea!

SydneyMC

Forum Newbie
Threads
Depends on how much you want to spend, as First question I would ask, do you want to spend more than twice the value of a 25 year old tractor for a tranny? Even rebuilding your unit will cost more than the tractors value.
Rivets,
I completely agree with you in regards to the monetary value of the tractor. What kills me is that the tractor itself is in great condition (no rust or any major damage, engine runs strong with great compression and no oil leaks). Realistically, it makes sense to scrap it, but I think I'm going to open up the transmission and see if I can spot any obvious signs of damage first; the transmission isn't working at this time, so I've got nothing to lose. Thank you for the input.

Alchad

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a look at this FB group I created

Alchad

Forum Newbie
Threads
I will die before joining any Feaces Book group.
Your choice entirely but why constrain yourself if you need help on a problem and can't find it anywhere? Since I started the group 3 years ago it's got nearly 240 members and has helped sort out quite a few problem 205 drives by mutual help and advice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am on several forums , in fact about 40 of them and run 2 .
Forums have moderators so anything that is factually wrong can be deleted or corrected .
Nasty spiteful hate speech can also be removed .
Feaces book is largely unmoderated thus the place where cowards lurk to get their jollies by abusing & preying on the weak
Then there is all of the other stuff like tracking me , interrogating my computer and selling my personel information to any and every one willing to pay for it .And that as far as I am concerned negates any possible good that Feaces book can do .
If I had my way Feaces book would be banned as it seems to do more harm than good .
I appreciate now that MSN & Yahoo have closed down it is hard for people like you to set up groups but in the long run by the time Yahoo had closed down I was part of over 100 groups the bulk of which did little good and were copies of others because some one got their knickers in a knot so they started a copy group, much like Christian churches 500,000 of them all preaching the same docterine but no 2 can abide each other .
I have a functioning brain so there is no problem I can not work out and on here I ( and others ) have walked thousands of people who did not know which end of a screwdriver to hold, through complex problems with their power equipment.
I do not have a "God" complex so I do not need to be the "hero"
BEcause of problems with the local area Feaces book, the local council now has a general , shire wide forum plus individual village / suburb even commercial areas forums and they have been delighted with the results as have all of the residents .
IF you feel the need for a more specific sub forum then Momhamed will happily add one here for a 12 month trial and if it gets enough traffic then it remains