P3314WSA

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Miracles still happens apparently. My Kawasaki fuel pump just got shoved back another month. And the vendor that listed a some Rotary spindles and switches now says they haven't been a dealer for Rotary for over 20 yrs, Funny the pricing was current and their system accepted the order, but canceled the order the next day. Oh well didn't need the parts right away anyways so I order the spindles in January for stock and the seat switches on my next Stens order.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Wow...
I got the parts today. I have the crank ready to go in, i was going to go ahead and put the carb insulator plate on, with the gasket, the 4 holes aren't tapped.... No threads... I got to looking and neither are the muffler bolt holes. At least the spark hole is tapped... Sheesh.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
According to my screw gauge. The carb bolts are #12-28. And the muffler screws are 1/4-28..

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Heh, I looked even closer the cylinder mounting holes aren't even tapped ad well... And none of these screws have the Self tapping look to em.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You better double check yourself as the IPL has the intake screw as being M5-0.8 x 30mm and the cylinder screw are M6-1.00 x 25mm so the rest of the screws are most likely metrics too.

This why I both a SAE and a Metric tap and die sets with oddball taps.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
You're right... My gauge did not have the correct metric for the muffler screws..
Much appreciated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And looks like the muffler screws are also M6-1.00.

When looking at the screws are they trilobular? If so they are self tappers.

I just wish every manufacture would one standard instead several different one like British threading. So glad I only ran across one machine with those. What a pain to find replacement screws.

oldlawnguy

Threads
You're right... My gauge did not have the correct metric for the muffler screws..
Much appreciated.
The cylinder replacement for my Homelite came untapped as well.

You may want to try self taping with original screws (steel into aluminum). I was successful in assembly all with original screws and they self tapped successfully. Went nice and slow especially for coil mounts and handle anti-shock mount on cyclinder.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
And looks like the muffler screws are also M6-1.00.

When looking at the screws are they trilobular? If so they are self tappers.

I just wish every manufacture would one standard instead several different one like British threading. So glad I only ran across one machine with those. What a pain to find replacement screws.
Nope, they're just flat on the bottom.