Overheating Kohler

Ebtate8

Threads
One of my employees put my zero turn mower into a pond. The motor is a Kohler ZT 740–3017. When I open the case, I found both piston rods to be bent. I replaced both pistons and rods. There was no scoring to the cylinder walls. I reassembled everything and the mower runs extremely hot. The oil level is perfect. All of the cooling fins are in place and cleaned of debris. Does anyone have any ideas? Have I missed something putting the motor back together? The motor seems to run fine but just extremely hot. So hot that it melted the throttle cable. I have not run it since.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The melting throttle cable could be a simple issue like improperly mounted heat shield. Also could of got the timing wrong when you reinstalled the camshaft, meaning didn't get the timing marks lined up properly. Or the bent rod issue could of also sheared the flywheel key which will also throw the spark timing off.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A melting throttle cable can also be caused by a bas ground connection so the mower is grounding through the throttle cable