Overflowing fuel

chance123

Threads
This is a classic float/needle and seat issue. Like the previous poster said, You might have a leak in your float itself.

pile81

Threads
Easy test take carb off, flip it up side down and pressurize the fuel inlet. If it dont hold pressure the needle and seat are leaking......

Pigletrma

Threads
I have the same issue now. First I changed teh carb with a new cheapie from Amazon. Same thing. Then I replaced it with the spendy OEM carb. Same thing. Then I drained all fuel. Cleaned the tank, installed new fuel lines and fuel filter, cleaned carb /inlet needle and seat, put it back together. Same thing - gas pourinbg out carb!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You may also want to put a manual shut off valve in the fuel line, it will prevent this from happening again
Amen to that. All mower engine need these cheap and simple tools.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have taken the carb off. Cleaned it all. Put it back on and cleaned the tank too and it still does this. I have put a shut off valve on it and as soon as you turn it on the fuel starts running out the carb again. After I cleaned it I mean right after I cleaned the carb I could us the mower for about 10 min. before it started dumping fuel again.
Carb needs to be pressure tested. Needle and seat specifically.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the same issue now. First I changed teh carb with a new cheapie from Amazon. Same thing. Then I replaced it with the spendy OEM carb. Same thing. Then I drained all fuel. Cleaned the tank, installed new fuel lines and fuel filter, cleaned carb /inlet needle and seat, put it back together. Same thing - gas pourinbg out carb!
New doesn't mean new these days people. You have to test these "new" parts.

Like others stated, if you have gas flowing out of the carb, you have a needle/seat issue.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
New doesn't mean new these days people. You have to test these "new" parts.

Like others stated, if you have gas flowing out of the carb, you have a needle/seat issue.

Or a carb bowl vent issue. If something is blocking the bowl vent will cause a siphoning effect.