Opinions on Upgrading?

ModernMode

Threads
I own a Stihl 017 chainsaw with 12 inch Oregon Powersharp bar and chain. It's over 10 years old and has served my well. I have a 1 acre lot with a lot of trees in the rear. I'm considering upgrading to a Stihl MS 211 CBE but I'm not sure it's really worth the added expense. Other than a longer bar, it only appears to have slightly more power. Opinions on whether I would gain anything by upgrading?
Thanks

Threads
I own a Stihl 017 chainsaw with 12 inch Oregon Powersharp bar and chain. It's over 10 years old and has served my well. I have a 1 acre lot with a lot of trees in the rear. I'm considering upgrading to a Stihl MS 211 CBE but I'm not sure it's really worth the added expense. Other than a longer bar, it only appears to have slightly more power. Opinions on whether I would gain anything by upgrading?
Thanks

Well you said it yourself....you would gain a longer bar and a little more power. If your old chainsaw had too short of a bar or not enough power, then go for it. Also if you just want to get a newer one, I think it would work for you.

ModernMode

Threads
I was hoping there was something I was missing, but I guess not. Will just stick with what I have.

slammed

Threads
Thanks

I would go ahead and buy it. This way if one broke you have the other one to use to finish. I have two of everything.

Threads
That would be nice but no I don't have two Ventracs YET:licking:. But I do have two mowers, weedeaters, blowers, ECT.

I would love to have 2 of everything....just in case something breaks, but so far I only have 2 mowers, which is the most important piece of equipment...but not the only!

thse

Threads
the ms211 has quite a bit more power than the 017. the ms211 is a really good saw. the ms170/ms180 can also handle a 16'' bar if your just looking to get more bar. but the ms211 is homerun in my book.