only cuts good going backwards

ronp

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 28" snapper riding mower (rear engine) does not do a good job cutting the lawn. I have to go over it 3 times to get an semi even cut.
But if I go in reverse it cuts perfectly. New belt, sharpened blade, leveled deck nothing worked . HELP PLEASE

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
My 28" snapper riding mower (rear engine) does not do a good job cutting the lawn. I have to go over it 3 times to get an semi even cut.
But if I go in reverse it cuts perfectly. New belt, sharpened blade, leveled deck nothing worked . HELP PLEASE

When you level the deck make to front about 1/2 inch lower than the back.

Are you trying to cut going to fast?

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

ronp

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you level the deck make to front about 1/2 inch lower than the back.

Are you trying to cut going to fast?

No, going as slow as possible forward. Cutting ackwards is a faster speed and it cuts perfect.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
No, going as slow as possible forward. Cutting ackwards is a faster speed and it cuts perfect.

I had a snapper was the same way.
Try it with the front of the deck lower as it should be. If that does not help then but the front up half a inch higher than the back as I run my mowers.

ronp

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had a snapper was the same way.
Try it with the front of the deck lower as it should be. If that does not help then but the front up half a inch higher than the back as I run my mowers.

Worked great when I leveled the deck. Grass cut was even. Now the deck is to low. Will try to adjust the deck higher when i figure out how to do it. thanks for your help.