Only 1 rear wheel drives

superdave77

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hoping I don't need to replace the transmission.
My SLT 1054 has become my snow plower for a few years now. Doesn't do too bad clearing the driveway.
Last week I used it had no issues. Yesterday I noticed traction issues and realized the left wheel is not driving. As the right wheel drives well.

Are there any adj I can look into?

Thanks df
SnowPlow.jpg

Jack17

Threads
Hi 77,
What makes you think that you've got a locking differential on that thing? The planetary gear does what it must, and as intendent.

superdave77

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well maybe you are right, could be because a hump of snow was under the left wheel and wasn't driving over it like I thought. I thought they both drive.

Appreciate your quick response!

Jack17

Threads
You've got a nice set up for snow there, BTW. I'd say, try to install a scraper blade on the back of it. It'll make a huge difference in speed and "quality" of snow removal. I did it (northern Illinois winters) and result was spectacular!!!

mmoffitt

Threads

LMPPLUS

Threads
What's the actual model and serial # from under the seat ?

John McKee

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hoping I don't need to replace the transmission.
My SLT 1054 has become my snow plower for a few years now. Doesn't do too bad clearing the driveway.
Last week I used it had no issues. Yesterday I noticed traction issues and realized the left wheel is not driving. As the right wheel drives well.

Are there any adj I can look into?

Thanks df
View attachment 67648
As far as I know, one wheel drive is standard on most tractors including my Husquvarna - No one has invented an inexpensive and practical differential that allows short radius turns. If I'm wrong and anyone has an answer or fix, please let me know. John in Nova Scotia

GrumpyCat

Threads
Pick the rear end up. Transmission in gear or park, engine off. Turn one wheel. If other turns the opposite direction you have a traditional differential. Everything is functioning as it should. Yes, essentially one wheel drive, the easiest wheel to turn.