One for the pros

Pnlawncare

Threads
Quick question

This is gonna be my first official year, Is it necessary to become an llc? Or is being fully insured all i need? All input greatly appreciated thanks alot!
-paul

Cuttinup

Threads
Not much of a benefit for you to be LLC You are really not at much risk of being sued beyond what insurance can take care of. LLC is not necessary save your money, and there is NOT any tax advantages to it.

Pnlawncare

Threads
Thank you very much exactly what i needed to know and wanted to hear.
-paul

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had thought about an LLC, bought a book about LLCs, started reading it, got a headache at about page 9!!!! LLCs differ from state to state, I checked into the Connecticut LLC stuff and got another headache!!!!
I did break an expensive window at a customers home, but didn't know it until she came home and found it. I cleaned up the diningroom, got a sheet of plywood and carefully fit it into the where I had removed the broken window. Got the window repaired, took 3 weeks. What I didn't know was that I could have called the window manufacturer with the window serial number and had a new one in a week. Cost me $400 by the time it was finished. My ZTR had picked up a piece of a previously cut down shurb root and blew it thru the window. After this I went around her house and flush cut all the stubby roots. She is still a customer and pays very well. A very large pine tree lost a large branch where I usually park my truck and trailer, good thing that I wasn't there when the branch came down!!!
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

Last edited: