Older lawn w/lots of different grass types

No_Smoking

Threads
Hi all,
we moved into this home about 2 years ago, the lawn seemed like it was pretty much dead. but we managed to make it at least green again.

It seems like it has a lot of different grass types, some patches seem to grow much faster and thicker than the rest

My question is, are there any easy tricks to even it out? I don't have the means to rip it all out and start fresh.. Is there maybe a certain grass type that I can toss in and over power the rest?

Any advice is always appreciated!
Thanks!

rpearlberg

Threads
I have the same problem! A few different grasses that grow at different speeds, thickness, etc...
Plus many weeds mixed in...
I also have a few ruts in the yard that I'd like to level out before I put too much into seeding, etc....

No_Smoking

Threads
That sucks!

Well I guess no one has any advice about this issue.
I suppose the most obvious thing we can do is just dig out each area we don't like.. then figure out what the majority grass is, and seed it for that.

Maybe that's why no one replied?

Well good luck on your end =)

rpearlberg

Threads
Thanks you too! I've thought about just digging the higher spots and filling the lower spots, slowly over time....and then probably having to get some top soil delivered also....

I guess there is no quick, cheap, easy way to do this.....

rpearlberg

Threads
My plan for the fall is to scalp the yard....
Figure out a way to lower the high spots and fill the low spots. Top dress with soil, roll the yard, aerate, and then seed....

If this actually happens, we'll see....but that's the plan.