Older craftsman 1350 watt generator hard to pull start

Robixx

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Older craftsman 1350 watt generator hard to pull start
I have a older craftsman 127cc 1350 watt generator that is very hard to pull start.
It feels like I'm trying to pull start a car engine. No hydro lock, already checked
Does 127cc have decompression valve ?

Robixx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I guess nobody has an answer for me
Maybe youtube will. Thanks for nothing

Robixx

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's not very encouraging when you can't find anyone who knows about craftsman generators

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome to the fourm Robixx
While I would love to answer our plea for help, there is a trueism in the computer industry that says
Rubbish in yields rubbish out.
Craftsman is not a manufacturers brand, it is a shop name.

As such your generator could have been made by any one of of the 987 different companies who have supplied goods to Sears over the years for them to sell under the Craftsman brand.
If you would like to submit some more information like the actual Craftsman model number then some might recognise the manufacturers code and thosewith trade accounts might ( and that is a big might) be able to identify your actul generator & engine.
Once we know that then we might ( again a slim chance ) be able to work out what engine the generator has and from there we might be able to offer some useful help
I for one can not place a 127cc engine to any manufacturere that I know of
In fact I have no idea if it is a 2 stroke, 4 stroke deisel or rotary engine
This makes it extremely hard to provide you with any useful information.
And the accepted polite way to bump your request into todays unread posts is a simple
"Bump"
or
"anyone?"
or event the slightly humorous emojies :ROFLMAO: :sick: :cry: :confused:

And finally this is not Face Ache where every post has to be answered within 3 nanno seconds .
many here only come on line a couple of times a week and some who do come on here regularly and brought their children up properly do not respond to posters throwing a tantrum so they intentionally ignore very impatient people who seem to think they are so important that some one is obliged to help them instantly .

Robixx

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's a briggs and stratton 127cc / 3hp
It's a 4 cycle, I can't find a tag/ label on the engine, other then the info I just supplied.
When I pull the rope it's smooth but hard to pull. No jerk back when pulled.

Forest#2

Threads
As bertsmobile indicated can your provide a craftsman/Sears Model number for the complete rig?

Them old model 4 cycle gen engines sometimes had the ID info stamped into the metal air cowling, some on top and some under the gas tank.
Small letters and number and sometimes have to use a magnifying glass to get all the ID correct.
Sometimes even have to pull the air cowling and take to a good light.
Has the gen been operating and this just happened or what?
Some of them 1350 gen's used Tecumseh engines and some used Briggs.

You might pull the air cowling off and then try turning the engine to make sure the generator rotor is not rubbing on the inside of it's housing.

first Try removing the spark plug and see if it still drags.
I work on small engines and gen's have some of the old Sears 1000, 1350's and 1500's.
Have to be careful with the Tecumsehs, parts are hard to find.

Robixx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok I found this info on the engine cowl
Model. 80212
Type. 8647-01
Code. 84120403
I took the plug out and it pulls a little easier, that's why I was wondering if it had a decompression valve. It's a 3 hp B/S

Forest#2

Threads
Can you post up some pictures of the engine, showing the carb side?
Was the rig running and quit or is it new to you.
Usually on the 3-5 hp cranks kinda hard, i pull the rope until I feel the compression and then pull through fast and the weight of the flywheel and gen rotor turns the engine enough for a start when they engine is in good shape.
I'm not sure but I think maybe they don't have a compression release on the 3-5hp Tecumseh and Briggs.
If it's a Tecumseh and someone has messed with the timing, (usually had the coil/magneto off and just bolted it back on) they will pull really hard due to timed to fast BTDC.

Robixx

Forum Newbie
Threads

The carb and tank
I took off , it has the pulse jet carburetor. I have owned it since new, and used it last year , but this year when I went to start it, it felt really hard to pull. It's not much easier with the plug out .

Robixx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to the fourm Robixx
While I would love to answer our plea for help, there is a trueism in the computer industry that says
Rubbish in yields rubbish out.
Craftsman is not a manufacturers brand, it is a shop name.

As such your generator could have been made by any one of of the 987 different companies who have supplied goods to Sears over the years for them to sell under the Craftsman brand.
If you would like to submit some more information like the actual Craftsman model number then some might recognise the manufacturers code and thosewith trade accounts might ( and that is a big might) be able to identify your actul generator & engine.
Once we know that then we might ( again a slim chance ) be able to work out what engine the generator has and from there we might be able to offer some useful help
I for one can not place a 127cc engine to any manufacturere that I know of
In fact I have no idea if it is a 2 stroke, 4 stroke deisel or rotary engine
This makes it extremely hard to provide you with any useful information.
And the accepted polite way to bump your request into todays unread posts is a simple
"Bump"
or
"anyone?"
or event the slightly humorous emojies :ROFLMAO: :sick: :cry: :confused:

And finally this is not Face Ache where every post has to be answered within 3 nanno seconds .
many here only come on line a couple of times a week and some who do come on here regularly and brought their children up properly do not respond to posters throwing a tantrum so they intentionally ignore very impatient people who seem to think they are so important that some one is obliged to help them instantly .