Old Weed Eater String Trimmer & Blower - FUBAR

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
But re-reading all of this crap again, you wouldn't even bother to buy some new "fuel line"?????? Dang, this venture was pretty much doomed from the start! Why even waste the time to type this stuff out?

Blaine B.

Threads
I will remove this screen. Just don't expect it to happen today or tomorrow. I will let you know if there is anything nasty behind it.

And what's the big deal with the nylon tubing? It isn't fuel line, per se, but it fits snugly over the carburetor nipples. The inner diameter must be the same size as the original fuel line, just less flexible. But it cannot collapse under suction or kink as easily. I had to slightly enlarge the holes in the fuel tanks for the line to slip on through. It is leak free, though.

As mentioned when the devices ran, they ran really good. The nylon tube isn't the problem.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, well if you go that far, follow my instructions at least. As far as using plastics that are not fuel/gasoline rated, well who can say? Here in KY in the early 1990's there was a bunch of "warranty" cases with our local Stihl dist as well as Echo, turned out to be my stupid redneck neighbors using milkjugs to store their fuel/oil mix, the plastic from the jugs dissolved in the gas mix, and cooked down and destroyed any unit that the mix was poured into..... So strange plastics have always been taboo for me!

Blaine B.

Threads
Occasionally I will use a milk jug as well for storing "overflow" 2 cycle mix.

I will always mix it in the milk jug first, then pour into a smaller container. But sometimes it doesn't all fit.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Occasionally I will use a milk jug as well for storing "overflow" 2 cycle mix.

I will always mix it in the milk jug first, then pour into a smaller container. But sometimes it doesn't all fit.

Damn,.........Well.....
Never mind then........

Blaine B.

Threads
I'm sure a lot of us have done it at one point or another.

No reason to be upset over nothing, Fish. You seem to be a bit edgy.

Blaine B.

Threads
I should mention, I finally got around to pulling the carburetor on each unit, and removing the screen inside of the carburetor. Sure enough, these screens are really restrictive. Holding it up to the sky, I couldn't see light! But they didn't appear to be clogged with debris.

Anyway, I was able to start the string trimmer with relative ease, and without any starting fluid after reassembly.

However, the blower would not start at all, which was odd....previously, it was the easier starting of the two units!

Both units use a Walbro carburetor. The only difference is that the fuel from the blower's tank has to be drawn out upwards, and the fuel from the string trimmer is pretty much a gravity feed. So the fuel is running in opposite directions for each unit. I am not sure how the blower achieves such a strong vacuum to suck the fuel out of the tank (but it worked for me, previously, just won't work now)

Funny thing, about a week and a half ago I found a Craftsman 22 cc blower in the garbage that is nearly 100% identical to my Weed Eater. Instead of a hand-throttle, it has a combination valve that controls both the choke and the throttle.

Blaine B.

Threads
I ended up selling the one string trimmer and two blowers to a gentlemen who liked messing with this type of stuff, and then purchased a used Craftsman string trimmer from Craigslist for less than I sold the three units for.

The two blowers wouldn't start but I did get the Weed Eater trimmer to start up easily and run.

I call that a bit of an upgrade, overall.