Repairs Old Snapper RER Comet Model 306X restoration project

ForestGump

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old snapper rear engine rider comet model 306X that I have had for years. I have replaced the original engine with a Tecumseh 10HP electric start about 18 years ago, still runs great. The clutch/brake spring broke yesterday so I am trying to find one of those. I also decided I would go ahead and do a complete restoration while I was at it. I need decals, and it has the deck spindle cover but I really need to replace it too. Does anyone know of a good place to find parts for these old RER Comets from the early days of Snapper? Thanks for any help.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look on eBay
Lots of aftermarket new parts.

tybilly

Threads
I have an old snapper rear engine rider comet model 306X that I have had for years. I have replaced the original engine with a Tecumseh 10HP electric start about 18 years ago, still runs great. The clutch/brake spring broke yesterday so I am trying to find one of those. I also decided I would go ahead and do a complete restoration while I was at it. I need decals, and it has the deck spindle cover but I really need to replace it too. Does anyone know of a good place to find parts for these old RER Comets from the early days of Snapper? Thanks for any help.
it wouldnt surprise me that a good snapper dealer would have the parts you need on the shelf too,mcdowel-evans ace hardware,(843)552-6152 ask for joe in service,I found an old walk behind and he had everything but a deck shell in stock..