Old GTS5 rwd wheels won't turn, self propelled working though

crazy charlie

Threads
  • / Old GTS5 rwd wheels won't turn, self propelled working though
View attachment 67577
View attachment 67578
I have this old Toro and when I engage the self propelled rwd I can see the mechanics of it turning but it wont
mesh up with the wheels.Brought it to shop and they couldn't do anything with it.I pulled a wheel off and there is a gear sprocket
and washers/shims behind the wheel .In my opinion there seems to be something missing or possibly a key missing as there is a
slot in the axle.Im not familiar with the mechanics of this so hard to describe properly.Any ideas?? Thanks Charlie

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy this one of the first ones of this model.

Toro 66-6040 RH and Toro 66-6050 LH are the part numbers for the rocking keys

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, plus one of the most solid built Toro made. Well worth repairing. Manual does a great job of showing drive assembly.

crazy charlie

Threads
Thanks guys!!! I guess the shop I brought it to put ZERO effort into the repair. Really pisses me off!! Makes me crazy!!
I just got your info and ordered the parts on Amazon for $20 with 5 minutes of effort. Thanks again Charlie

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What do you expect out of this younger generation? They are couch potatoes with a smart phone showing them how to do everything.

I pulled out a road map the other day to look for a street. The customer asked what it was as they never seen one.

crazy charlie

Threads
Boy this one of the first ones of this model.

Toro 66-6040 RH and Toro 66-6050 LH are the part numbers for the rocking keys

Genuine OEM TORO PARTS - Key-Rocking, RH 66-6040​

These are only $20 for the r and L pair.Just can't figure out from the pic on amazon exactly what they are?
The pic Looks a lot like the head of my golf putter. Charlie

mmoffitt

Threads
What do you expect out of this younger generation? They are couch potatoes with a smart phone showing them how to do everything.

I pulled out a road map the other day to look for a street. The customer asked what it was as they never seen one.
a street? or a map? probably both...with the phone they do not have to leave the couch...be well sir

mmoffitt

Threads
a street? or a map? probably both...with the phone they do not have to leave the couch...be well sir

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
But how do they get the other humping couch when they only managed to get to my driveway when they are 15 miles from the other couch and 5 miles from their own couch?