Old 750K

rpoturica

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. New guy. This is my Grasshopper 750K. 90's model I believe.1000003402.jpg Lots of issues with this old beast but I keep her going. She mows about 13 acres in hilly Kentucky so she gets beat up. Looking forward to some new knowledge here to help me out. Might be needing a motor replacement now and debating weather to give up on the Kohlers. It's shot it's second one with 800 hours on the machine.

BWH

Threads
Hello. New guy. This is my Grasshopper 750K. 90's model I believe.View attachment 67813 Lots of issues with this old beast but I keep her going. She mows about 13 acres in hilly Kentucky so she gets beat up. Looking forward to some new knowledge here to help me out. Might be needing a motor replacement now and debating weather to give up on the Kohlers. It's shot it's second one with 800 hours on the machine.

BWH

Threads
The Kohler should go double the 800 hours, I take it you replaced this one 800 hours ago so you serviced it regularly kept the air filter clean and equally important kept the flywheel screen and engine fins clear of debris? If so I don't have an answer why it is prematurely failing, Is it burning oil or lacking power? Have you changed spark plugs, fuel filter? Maybe check compression to see if it is really shot or if there is another problem, I have had valve adjustment issues that took power and performance from my Grasshoppers. I run Kubota diesels now but have had various Grasshoppers through the years with Briggs & Stratton and Kohler engines running as much as 1800 hours without engine failure.