oil light

renecabean

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a cub cadet lawn mower LTX1046VT. The oil was recently changed. A new oil filter was also installed. I cut our lawn and everything was fine until just before parking the mower. The oil light began blinking. The oil level is where it should be. What do I do next?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most likely it is the oil pressure switch on the engine, but I would recommend that you take it to a dealer, to at least make sure the oil pump is working correctly.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Fit a new oil switch and if that doesn't work, THEN take it to the dealer, why pay a dealer to tell you its the switch...!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
because if the oil pressure is low, then damage could happen to the bearings. The oil pressure switch activates around 5 psi on most small engines. Could also be a faulty relay some place also.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
because if the oil pressure is low, then damage could happen to the bearings. The oil pressure switch activates around 5 psi on most small engines. Could also be a faulty relay some place also.

I did not say "keep running the engine" what I said was try a new pressure switch first before going to a dealers, we can all give that advice, but that's not what we are here for, or is it..?
and by the way, I do know how oil pressure switches work on small engines, and there is no relay on that machine.

AV Pilot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a cub cadet lawn mower LTX1046VT. The oil was recently changed. A new oil filter was also installed. I cut our lawn and everything was fine until just before parking the mower. The oil light began blinking. The oil level is where it should be. What do I do next?

I had the same question and found a good answer on another thread ...



Rebecca Hunt answered

The oil reminder is an automatic function of the Cub Cadet lawn mower. It does not need to be reset and does not come with the option to reset it. The meter should reset itself once the oil has been changed.

It is important to know how the meter functions so that you know when to change the oil. The LCD display should read the letters, 'CHG' and 'OIL', when the oil needs changing. The letters 'CHG' simply mean 'change'. These letters are followed by the time of use of the mower. This message will appear after 50 hours of running time and will continue to display for five minutes after the initial alert.

The meter will then enter into a maintenance time, which lasts for two hours. During this interval, every time the mower is started, the message will appear again. Each time the message appears it will last for five minutes. This message will subsequently appear after every 50 hour period of use.

As an example, after the first use it will display between 50 and 52 hours of use. After that it will be 100-102 hours and so on. There is a red LED oil symbol, which will flash every time the message is displayed, for five minutes. The meter display will revert to normal once the two-hour maintenance period has elapsed and will then begin the countdown till the next change is required.