OIL LEVEL

Ronni

Threads
Hey y'all, I have a 2023 JD Z320R with 12 hours on her. I changed the oil and filter last week as it is the end of my season. My problem is, the manual calls for 2.2 qts of oil. I refilled with 2.0 qts, and it is way over full. I smelled it off the dip stick for gas but can't really tell if it's gas or just the oil I smell. Anybody else having this issue? TIA.......Billy
There is probably no oil in the filter unless you filled it before you put it on the engine. That is probably the difference.

rhkraft

Threads
You have to start the engine and fill the filter.
Hey y'all, I have a 2023 JD Z320R with 12 hours on her. I changed the oil and filter last week as it is the end of my season. My problem is, the manual calls for 2.2 qts of oil. I refilled with 2.0 qts, and it is way over full. I smelled it off the dip stick for gas but can't really tell if it's gas or just the oil I smell. Anybody else having this issue? TIA.......Billy

rhkraft

Threads
As I said before, you need to start the engine to fill the filter. Then you have to wait to let the oil settle. Many times the oil sticks to the fill tube and the dip stick will pick up oil off the fill tube sidewalls showing over full. It settles faster if the oil is hot. Let it set for 5 mins or more and wipe the stick a few times to make sure you are measuring the oil in the crank case and not the oil clinging to the fill tube. The best time to check oil is when the engine is cold, before you start it.

W1D2C

Threads
I always measure what I drain, old milk jug I marked the oz on.

Have you started it up to fill the oil filter ?

Mine calls for 2.2 w/filter as well, you never get ALL the old oil out. 2 qts does mine fine w/filter.
Ii do that with oil, trans fluid etc. Makes sure you have the right amount and also helps you see how much was lost if you wrote down what was put in.