oil drain plug tool

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I saw a fellow changing oil at an auto service center and was using a neat tool that prevents hot oil reaching the hand and also prevents the drain plug from falling into the container. It looked similar to a 6 point socket with the side cut out and was magnetic. It was arranged on a cable 6 or 8 inches long with a handle attached. After the drain plug was loose this tool was placed on the drain plug for final removal having the plug retained via the magnet.

Ever see one and where do I buy one or 2? I've searched the web. Hopefully you can search better than I can.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
My son in-law is the best I've ever seen when it comes to researching on the web.

MATCO TOOLS

MST5911 DRAIN PLUG PRO - Features & Benefits

Tool magnetically attaches to pre-loosened drain plug and pulls it away from the oil stream as the tool is turned
Protects hands from hot oil
Minimizes splashing
Keeps drain plug from falling into hot oil or onto the floor

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sure looks like a handy tool, been there and done that, oil all over my hand and dropped the oil plug into the drain pan.
What I do anymore is buy the cheap vinyl gloves from Harbor Freight when I have to put my hands into any oil or grease.
You get a 100 gloves for less then 10 dollars and good for all the nasty things you can get on your hands.

Threads
Sure looks like a handy tool, been there and done that, oil all over my hand and dropped the oil plug into the drain pan.
What I do anymore is buy the cheap vinyl gloves from Harbor Freight when I have to put my hands into any oil or grease.
You get a 100 gloves for less then 10 dollars and good for all the nasty things you can get on your hands.

Yep the same here I had to quit stealing my wifes yellow gloves people where starting to talk.:laughing: Those neoprene gloves work really good for oil, and packing bearings the old fashioned way.

graydog

Threads
Looks like a good job for one of those computer hard drive magnets I have been saving. I have found lots of other uses such as hiding spare car keys, stick one on oil filter to trap steel particles in oil, finding that nut I lose in the grass......the list goes on and on. :)

Here is one in a plastic pill bottle I use to gather up screws, metal filings, etc. Just pull up on the wire attached to the magnet to make it dump the stuff I pick up. It works great and I use it often.

Magnet Bottle1.jpg...........Magnet Bottle2.jpg