OIL change

sancapal

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 42 Hustler Fast track with a Kawasaki Fh580v 19.0 I have been changing the oil & the filter every 25 Hrs. Is this to often. Or what ???

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the General Mower Discussion Forum. :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are using a good synthetic... YES...

The only way YOU will know for sure is to get a UOA (Used Oil Analysis)... About $25.

You can change oil a few times for that much.. so it is usually not done in small engines. Depending on how Hot the oil gets, how much fuel ends up in the oil, how long it takes you to get 25 hours on it...?

Myself, I change once a year, My smaller engines may have less than 25 hours on them... larger have less than 200 hours... but I use a very good synthetic... :smile:KennyV

benski

Threads
I change the filter on my filter-equipped machinery every 25 hrs. and change the synthetic oil I use once a season, or every 100 hrs. YMMV.:biggrin: If I'm feeling like spending more time than that, I'll cut the filter open and see what evil lurks inside. I got my "oil filter filleter", as I call it, from JEG'S, one of the aftermarket automotive suppliers.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a 42 Hustler Fast track with a Kawasaki Fh580v 19.0 I have been changing the oil & the filter every 25 Hrs. Is this to often. Or what ???

You can never change your oil too often. Its the person that never changes it does the damage. Every 25 hrs. oil and filter you should have a very clean engine.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

If you're here in Florida like my self, changing oil ever 25hrs probably isn't to often IMO. I change the oil and filter on my Kohlers ever 25 and the the mechanic at the shop recommended ever 50 with a good 10w30 but I wasn't comfortable doing that because of how much my mowers get used.
Most manuals will tell you to change your oil and filter (more frequently under severe conditions.)
The thing is you need to do(oil changes) and use what (oil) you're comfortable with, you know how and in what conditions your mower is run.

LandN

Threads
If you're here in Florida like my self, changing oil ever 25hrs probably isn't to often IMO. I change the oil and filter on my Kohlers ever 25 and the the mechanic at the shop recommended ever 50 with a good 10w30 but I wasn't comfortable doing that because of how much my mowers get used.
Most manuals will tell you to change your oil and filter (more frequently under severe conditions.)
The thing is you need to do(oil changes) and use what (oil) you're comfortable with, you know how and in what conditions your mower is run.

I also support a more frequent oil change ric, for the additional reason it gives you more opportunity to look over the mower real good and see what MIGHT be festering up to be a problem.this is one thing i don't like about synthetics,some people might have a tendancy to not look the mower over very often because the mindset of l-o-n-g oil change intervals