Oil burner ??

glennsjr

Threads
Have a Cub Cadet LT1050 that was given to me, 299 hrs on a Kohler Command 26 hp CV 730 When I go up hills to the right it start blowing Blue Smoke out of it. other wise it doesn't smoke. Any Ideas off the top of your head?? Did a compression test with an automotive type compression tester while the engine was cold and had 140 lbs in both cylinders. Wish I had a leak down tester but I don't. Thanks in advance

glennsjr

Threads
Just playing around went and stated it up. Didn't smoke for first 5 min then only when going up hill with mower engaged also noticed at that point would smoke when you let off on throttle even on flat grade. So sitting still when you reved it up was ok but when you backed the throttle off blue smoke coming out the exhaust lots of it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check your oil level. Pull both plugs and inspect them. Do they both look the same?

glennsjr

Threads
Check your oil level. Pull both plugs and inspect them. Do they both look the same?
Just changed the oil and filter and right on the mark, I had also changed the plugs and one was fouled with a grey deposit. Was just given this mower and either want to fix?? or replace. Don't have the tools to rebuild anymore so would look around for someone who does if it's worth rebuilding ??

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is burning oil in the cylinder you should see a difference in the plugs. Was it doing this before you changed the oil?

glennsjr

Threads
If it is burning oil in the cylinder you should see a difference in the plugs. Was it doing this before you changed the oil?
I changed the oil in it as soon as I got it, I don't know anything about this machine as was given to me. as stated one plug was fouled with a grey matter since I changed them but only have maybe 1/2 hour on them and they both look ok and the same. I'm using Kohler filter and their blend oil 10w 30

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’d run it awhile and see if the problem persists.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you go up a hill, the oil level ends up higher than the bottom of the cylinder
The rings are not good enough to expel the oil that is 1/2" deep 1/2 way along the cylinder .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Head gasket time? Sounds like you have good compression.

What is the engine and mower rated at for hills in degrees? Are you exceeding these values?

slomo

glennsjr

Threads
Head gasket time? Sounds like you have good compression.

What is the engine and mower rated at for hills in degrees? Are you exceeding these values?

slomo
It's pretty steep, Have run a lot of tractors and zero turn on it over the years and never had a problem.