Oh, the advantages of living north.

possum

Threads
I would have to say that is one for the record for me. Never heard of frozen spindles in any state much less Georgia. Just goes to show a fellow to never say never.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would have to say that is one for the record for me. Never heard of frozen spindles in any state much less Georgia. Just goes to show a fellow to never say never.
First time for me. But it is only in the 20s. The news just said wind chill in the mourning of -30 with a whole inch of snow

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
All the bread is gone at walmart

image-1108053666.jpg

Attachments

• image-3418976695.jpg
    image-3418976695.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 19

Mike88se

Threads
I am ready for summer. 90f is what I want

I'd rather hibernate until spring.

That's my thoughts exactly :thumbsup: South Texas born and bred. Anything under 60F w/o sun is cold to me lol. I just wrapped my sister's water pipes. It's cold as **** out there :thumbdown:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

I would say you have some serous bearing problems if they got that much water in them. I am going to say they sure must be lacking in grease. I have rode snowmobile in -20 and have to say I never had a bearing freeze but I have had the skin on my face freeze. Still got the scars from it.

X-man

Threads
That's my thoughts exactly :thumbsup: South Texas born and bred. Anything under 60F w/o sun is cold to me lol. I just wrapped my sister's water pipes. It's cold as **** out there :thumbdown:

My definition of cold is anything under 30F.
"Too damn cold" would be anything under 20F.
If it's subzero temps out there, someone else can do the plowing. Screw that crap.

X-man

Threads
If I could afford it, I wouldn't plow in the winter. Unfortunately, I have no choice.

Sometimes I wonder why I moved to Michigan...:confused2:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would say you have some serous bearing problems if they got that much water in them. I am going to say they sure must be lacking in grease. I have rode snowmobile in -20 and have to say I never had a bearing freeze but I have had the skin on my face freeze. Still got the scars from it.

Might be because I cut wet grass and when it is raining. As you know spindles use sealed bearings and will let water and dust past them and into the housing. So really was not a bearing that was froze but maybe the shaft and or the bearing cover on the bottom where the blade is.

My bearings DO NOT lack grease. I just repacked them two weeks ago. I pop the seal off and repack them every 50 hours.

Used the mower today and all is fine no bearing noise at all.

I do more preventative maintenance then anyone you will ever meet. I have OCD when it comes to mower upkeep. But this is why my $1300 mowers last over 1000 hours

Threads
I dont care for winter but I just take it one season at a time, and I am glad when spring rolls around. Winter brings its whole set of challenges that make it ok I just like warm weather better these days.

BHLC

Threads
I like winter, plowing, skiing, snowmobiles, it changes things up.