OFF season ideas in Florida

Carmineb48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had my business 8 years now and never really had to work too hard in the off season to get by, and never had help full time, just a couple of freinds that would help me when they were not working.
Got a great kid working with me this summer, and need to keep him busy. Lawn work isn't enough as I have a
lot of season only accounts, I am trying to eliminate as I increase my yearly accounts. Besides lawn care, what
do you folks do for revenue in the off season. Thanks for any ideas.

zmister11

Threads
Had my business 8 years now and never really had to work too hard in the off season to get by, and never had help full time, just a couple of freinds that would help me when they were not working.
Got a great kid working with me this summer, and need to keep him busy. Lawn work isn't enough as I have a
lot of season only accounts, I am trying to eliminate as I increase my yearly accounts. Besides lawn care, what

I would like to know as well

gfp55

Threads
When is the off season in Fla., Summer, winter?

gfp55

Threads
I don't know if I can give you any ideas because I a snowbird. Do you do pool maintenance? Maybe tree trimming, driveway sealing, packing lot striping, house washing, motor home washing/detailing, equipment repair. I'll have to think on that, I'll be watching you thread.

grumpygrizzly

Threads
Might be a good time to add a little sidework to your lawn maintenance business. How about window washing? Couple ladders, long poles, buckets, the squeegee's and blades. I've seen people selling pretty much all you need in one package on CL for a couple hundred bucks plus or minus..

Start it out in your off season so you can get everything figured out, customers lined up, contacting your current year round accounts and adding it to them.. Then when lawn mowing season rolls back around, you'll have it ready to go..

On the small engine repair side where I'm at, I primarily switch from keeping mowers and weed eaters running to getting leaf blowers and chainsaws running. Still do maintenance on the mowers and weed eaters, getting them ready for next season and when that season rolls around, I switch to maintenance mode on chainsaws and leaf blowers..

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might be a good time to add a little sidework to your lawn maintenance business. How about window washing? Couple ladders, long poles, buckets, the squeegee's and blades. I've seen people selling pretty much all you need in one package on CL for a couple hundred bucks plus or minus..

Start it out in your off season so you can get everything figured out, customers lined up, contacting your current year round accounts and adding it to them.. Then when lawn mowing season rolls back around, you'll have it ready to go..

On the small engine repair side where I'm at, I primarily switch from keeping mowers and weed eaters running to getting leaf blowers and chainsaws running. Still do maintenance on the mowers and weed eaters, getting them ready for next season and when that season rolls around, I switch to maintenance mode on chainsaws and leaf blowers..

I do window washing on regular houses total investment was less than 100... Just gotta keep buying window cleaner (I like using windshield washing fluid dries fast no streaks)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Off season, I wished I got an off season. It seems like it slows down some in the winter months but I don't think we ever stop.:smile: In the slower times we generally work flower beds, Hedge Trimming, tree trimming and do all of our mulching work along with some pressure washing of driveways. There's always somebody wanting something done.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Off season, I wished I got an off season. It seems like it slows down some in the winter months but I don't think we ever stop.:smile: In the slower times we generally work flower beds, Hedge Trimming, tree trimming and do all of our mulching work along with some pressure washing of driveways. There's always somebody wanting something done.

That is how I see it in FL in December. Landscape trucks all over the place, crews mowing (every 2 weeks). I think it also seems to be the time to prune the palm trees (remove there dead leaves). Atleast that is what I see when I am there. They also do mulching.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is how I see it in FL in December. Landscape trucks all over the place, crews mowing (every 2 weeks). I think it also seems to be the time to prune the palm trees (remove there dead leaves). Atleast that is what I see when I am there. They also do mulching.

That's it, it's called getting caught up :laughing: About the only time off we get is the first three weeks of February because that's when we get frost if we get any at all. During the summer months it's Mow, trim, edge and blow off and on to the next client that's about all you have time for.