noxious weeds?

Madi

Threads
Does anyone know where I can get a list of noxious weeds for North America? I have heard recently that there are quite a few and most of them I have no clue about.

173abn

Threads
you might try your local ag. office.here in the states the local ag. office has a listing of noxious weeds I 'm sure Canada is no differant. russ

Usedtorent

Threads
What is a noxious weed? Is it harmful? I checked out the link but I didn't spend much time there. I'm just curious to know what they are. I have a couple of vines and I wonder if they are on the list too.

monica123

Threads
Right now where I live, we are having issues with hogweed, it is huge and invasive. It it in the more urban areas rather than rural areas, well so far anyway.

173abn

Threads
musckthistle is considered a noxious weed so is wild rose ,there are a whole lot of other types.most noxious weeds are classified that by the dept of arg. cattle won't go in pastures overgrown by musckthistle or wild rose. if a lawnowner has a species of noxious weed growing on his property it is his responsibility to eliminate it ,if the county you live in gives notice and you don't take care of the problem within the specified time they have the right to go on your property and eliminate the problem and charge you with the cost. a lot of noxious weeds are introduced species that have no natural controls . for example musckthistle was brought over from England and planted here as an ornamental but quickly got out of hand. russ

ted

Threads
On the same subject, maybe someone can answer this one for me. Why do we both need to have a # Federal Noxious Weed List and a State Noxious Weed Lists. I mean I get that some states may vary but it seems a little redundant to me honestly.

Bessy

Threads
It does seem a bit redundant, I do not know why they do both state and federal lists, it's no different in Canada, they do provincial, federal and national lists.