Not Getting Fuel

rubantin

Threads
Put on a new carb a month ago. Has been running great. Stopped midrun with no warning and then wouldn't start.

Starts and runs with ether.... Pulled the hose from the pump and is pumping fuel...

What next... The carb is a B**CH to get too. JD Z425 zero turn. older model where carb is on the side instead of the rear...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I assume you engine is turned sideways.

Check for the afterfire fuel solenoid operation. The electrical connector can have loose wire terminals causing lost of voltage to the solenoid; therefore, the solenoid will not open as intended.

rubantin

Threads
I pulled the plug and reconnected it... When is it activated? Could there be a fuse for it?

I have a Volt Meter.... It not easy to get to, but I could check it if I know if there is a sequence for it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Basically first you just listen for it to be clicking as you turn on the ignition switch. No fuse other than the main fuses. If it don't click then remove the connector and check the two terminal are tightly closed. They have a gap down one side that needs to be nearly closed.

Last edited:

rubantin

Threads
ok, I didn't hear any clicking.. I unplugged the carb solenoid. When I turn the ignition on I get no voltage to the plug...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
okay you got to do some back tracing now. Will need the serial number as there is several wiring diagrams.

but here is the early model schematic. Just note some line don't line perfectly due to different pages are merged.
1656696195036.png

rubantin

Threads
NVM... followed your schematic and it's a blown fuse.... Thanks

rubantin

Threads
Okay, now get this. I found one 7.5 amp fuse in my garage. Just as I was putting it in my wife called and I dropped it. It flipped around the transmission part somewhere and I'm in tall grass so I spent 5 minutes trying to find it.. can't find the damn thing. There's a service station about 5 miles away I'm going to go to and get a couple of them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Could be worst. I have lost those Nikki is the shop and never found them.