Not charging

Toptech

Threads
Yea, I think so. If I could only find a regulator locally. Thanks to everyone for the replies.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
the regulator requires 12 v input to operate so even if you have 1 v output with the red wire unplugged it could still be good. most likely the regulator is the problem though.

Toptech

Threads
Put the new regulator on and all is well, charging at about 14v. Thanks for the help. :smile:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, I checked the two yellow wires coming from the engine to the regulator and I have 25v AC (engine running at full throttle) across them. The red wire from the regulator only has about 1v DC. So to the best of my knowledge, it's a pretty safe bet that the regulator is bad, since I'm guessing I should have somewhere around 14v DC on the red wire.

Sure looks like you know what you are doing. That would have been the way I would have tested it.

benski

Threads
Congratulations!:thumbsup:It's good to read a success story and the steps involved.

Trcustoms719

Threads
Well, I checked the two yellow wires coming from the engine to the regulator and I have 25v AC (engine running at full throttle) across them. The red wire from the regulator only has about 1v DC. So to the best of my knowledge, it's a pretty safe bet that the regulator is bad, since I'm guessing I should have somewhere around 14v DC on the red wire.

On some engines theres a Diode that comes from the alternator. That could be bad if your has it.
But it might be built into the regulator. not 100% sure on this without having a diagram.

littlesteve

Forum Newbie
Threads

Hey man. Good job. You got it. Good troubleshooting skills.