No start, no current to white wire on solenoid

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I can not access the craftsman site from Australia as it is geographically excluded.
The basic wiring will be battery power wire at the key switch to the S ( for start ) terminal on the key switch then to the PTo safety switch then to the parking brake switch and if it is a manual box to the neutral switch on the box then down the the solenoid.
The batery wire to the key switch is usually full red & will have a fuse in it.
Usually iit is connected to the hot side of the solenoid battery cable ( saves wire )
All of the switches will be NO 9 closed circuit when plunger depressed
so that makes it easy as all you need to do is jump the 2 wires at each switch
If the parking brake has 4 wires then they jump flat to flat one side needs to be jumped to crank the engine, the other side needs to be open to turn the magneto on so you can jump both sides to start with and see which pair will cause the engine to crank

Threads
I am hoping someone may have solution for this. I am proud to own my late father's old (mid to late 1980's?) Craftsman LawnRider, #model 917.256322, serial #0931S02493. It has always been very well maintained and stored indoors. When I tried to start it for this first time this season, I have fully charged battery, and when I turn the key, nothing. No clicking, no noise, nothing. I used jumper cable and connected positive post on the battery to the red post on the starter, and then the starter turns over. I really need to start it with the key. The white wire going into the solenoid has no current going to it. There are no breaks in the wires. Yes, I have current coming out of the white wire that exits the ignition switch. The two white wires on the clutch safety switch, and the two wires on the PTO safety switch, have NO current. Should I also be looking at the seat switch? I did hold the spring-activated metal plate that is under my seat, in the "there is a person sitting here" position with some tools, and I then tested for current in the two wires going into the wiring harness that enters that metal spring plate, and there is no current for both of those wires. The starter motor is fine, and I don't think the solenoid is bad, either. Any ideas? Most people I know would approach this as "oh well, time to buy a new tractor". I am not from that school of thought (or that tax bracket). This is a perfectly good machine that has been highly maintained and pampered, it simply needs a diagnosis on what likely is a $15 part.

Threads
I am hoping someone may have solution for this. I am proud to own my late father's old (mid to late 1980's?) Craftsman LawnRider, #model 917.256322, serial #0931S02493. It has always been very well maintained and stored indoors. When I tried to start it for this first time this season, I have fully charged battery, and when I turn the key, nothing. No clicking, no noise, nothing. I used jumper cable and connected positive post on the battery to the red post on the starter, and then the starter turns over. I really need to start it with the key. The white wire going into the solenoid has no current going to it. There are no breaks in the wires. Yes, I have current coming out of the white wire that exits the ignition switch. The two white wires on the clutch safety switch, and the two wires on the PTO safety switch, have NO current. Should I also be looking at the seat switch? I did hold the spring-activated metal plate that is under my seat, in the "there is a person sitting here" position with some tools, and I then tested for current in the two wires going into the wiring harness that enters that metal spring plate, and there is no current for both of those wires. The starter motor is fine, and I don't think the solenoid is bad, either. Any ideas? Most people I know would approach this as "oh well, time to buy a new tractor". I am not from that school of thought (or that tax bracket). This is a perfectly good machine that has been highly maintained and pampered, it simply needs a diagnosis on what likely is a $15 part.