No start after hosing out the deck/MZ-5424S

lonestarjeff

Threads
My 1st mow of the season was really messy(described in my other post), so I hosed the deck from the underside when I was done this weekend. I have used the hose attachment fitting on top of the deck, but it's not enough when there's major buildup under there. In that situation I use my engine hoist with a sling on the front frame & tilt the entire machine up to about 35-40 degrees then get after it with the hose. I've done this maybe twice a season since I've had it with no problems, but this time somehow I've shorted or tripped one of the safety switches. There is no sound whatsoever when I turn the key. I'm assuming it's a safety sensor/switch because I can hear the blade engage relay when I push/pull the knob. Any thoughts on what I've done?

Here's what I've checked:

1) battery is good
2) no loose wiring connections(that I can see or feel)
3) parking brake is on
4) steering levers in their locked positions
5) blade engage knob is down(I can hear the relay when I try it)
6) seat sensor is still attached(it has some wiggle in it)

I didn't think to check oil level after I mowed, but it was full before I mowed. I left the mower tilted up a good hour before I let it down again. That might have tripped the low oil switch? How long would it take for the switch to reset?

I might have played with it for 15 minutes before I had to get back to the city, so I disengaged the drive units & pushed it into the shop. Hopefully, I'll have a few ideas from you guys when I go back out there.:ashamed:

Jeff

MRCo.

Threads
The oil switch would be fine as soon as you righted the mower and the oil level came back. Got enough oil?

Have you tested the switches with a multimeter? Simple continuity test is all you need.

lonestarjeff

Threads
Whatever it was reset itself. Went out this morning & it fired up 1st hit on the starter. Oil level was fine, btw. All I can think is either the low oil switch tripped when I hoisted the front of the mower up to hose out the deck, or I got something wet that shouldn't be when I hosed it out.

Jeff